1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel Range

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by sk2275, Nov 4, 2009.

1. sk2275

sk2275 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Fellow Prius owners

I am new here so be kind:D

Most modern cars now days have a setting on the trip computer or on their MFD/Navigation systems to tell you the range of fuel you have left in the tank, i have tried to look for a similar function on my car but have failed to locate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also is it possible to program the car to auto lock as one sets off. I find it hard to believe a car as technically advanced as the prius doesn't have such safety features as standard.

I have successfully programmed a new key fob and de-activated the seat belt warning (drivers side, was not able to do the same for the passengers), with the knowledge found on this site.

Btw i have a Gen II (06) UK car.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    (I am supposed to be gentle) I question your devotion to safety if you have disabled your seat belt warning. (I am ashamed the site continues to offer such advice)

I am unaware of a 'miles to empty' feature in a Gen II Prius, the size of the gas bladder is variable so the only way I can think of implementing such a feature would be to weigh the fuel. Drive 400 miles, find a station and fill up.

3. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wait, I thought the Euro/Asian GenII came with a normal steel tank sans bladder? The other option is to get a scanguage II, assuming they work across the pond. You can program a distance to empty gauge.

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Darn, I did not notice he is not in the states, 650 km then refuel.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Even without the fuel bladder, the mileage of a Prius varies dramatically, which makes distance to empty calculations very suspect. Regardless, the Gen II Prius does not offer this feature, nor does it offer auto-locking doors.

Tom

6. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had never seen a "miles to empty" in my Prius = /