1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuelly app calcs not ever matching website calculations

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mambo Dave, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    I've never been able to figure out why the phone app reads a higher MPG per fill-up than the website. Just wondering if some setting needs to be changed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Looking at the phone app display above I note that the average fuel cost ($203) times the number of gallons in the website display doesn't add up to the cost in the web site display.

I used the website over my Droid pad today and kept getting numbers changed. I'd enter a cost, for example, and by the time I got to gallons in the fill, the numbers in the cost would have changed. OTOH, the same approach on my PC gave no problems.

Considering what I pay for the service....

Mambo Dave likes this.
  3. Higgins909

Higgins909 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just switched to the new Fuelly app as it used to be something like Fuel Tracker App. I use the app so little but did it just to help figure this out. I know on the app there are settings and mine is set to "Units" "MPG US". Perhaps you have "MPG UK" or something, as they have a bigger gallon.... or was it smaller. Any ways, check that out.

Mambo Dave likes this.
  4. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    That's what it was! I never looked at the settings on the app, as I configured what I thought I needed through the connected website. Thank you!

It was set to MPG (Imperial).