1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuelly no longer supported?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by srellim234, Feb 13, 2022.

1. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The ability to include 2022 in the mini-stats is still not available. Emails to support on the site are going unanswered. According to a Fuelly forum thread post the owner has not posted there in a year and a half, having changed his focus to other businesses. It looks like the site is just operating on autopilot

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    In other words you can't identify a car as model year 2022?

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's so weird how the worse climate change gets, the more helpful online services like Fuelly are no longer popular and ghost us... It's like the final stage of denial when it comes to addressing air pollution at scale...

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Sad as I'll bet I've recommended its use dozens of times to those who were asking about MPG stuff.

5. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Export yur data to spreadsheet. I believe that’s a function on the site. When I started I imported data from my spreadsheet.

6. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    There are some 2022 cars there but the mini-stats are where you can track your stats year-by-year for comparison. I keep track of it separately as well but I have it there for other users to use as a reference. A lot of people use the mini-stats to track different parameters regarding their fuel usage but apparently that luxury of fuelly being their "go-to" place for that is coming to an end.

Another advantage to using fuelly for that is it was all-in-one. Fuel-ups keyed into their app at the station updated to the website without having to transfer things to a separate database/spreadsheet.

I'm also a bit concerned that if it's not being properly maintained it becomes more and more of a security risk as time goes by.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  7. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Many that share those concerns find Fuelly no longer useful.
    As I recall, Fuelly had poor, if any relevance for plug-in hybrids and none for BEVs.

If you want to see where people shifted that focus, go to sites that have grown as Fuelly shrank. Such as PlugShare or ChargePoint.

Trollbait likes this.
  8. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Well, it appears someone IS there after all. I finally received a return email this morning, the first reply I've heard of in over two months. It simply replied that the sender would tell someone about the missing stats, not that the issue will actually be solved. Still not a word from a moderator or administrator on the forums.

9. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ......people ALSO no longer take their dirty shirts down to the river to beat them on rocks to get them 'clean.'

It's not because we've run out of rocks, rivers or even shirts...but rather that method is no longer very relevant now that people have newer and more efficient methods of doing laundry.

It still works just as well as it always did but people just aren't into it.

Disclaimer:
    I've never really seen the sense in using Fuelly, since I'm pretty good at 4th grade math, but I do acknowledge that it's a "fairly" good apples-to-apples method for measuring the old-school type of single fuel vehicles.

The trouble is they have to have enough um......"customers" to sign up for their.....um......"service" in order to turn a profit.
    Of course...the "customer" IS the product, but that's a different topic for a different thread.... :D

#9 ETC(SS), Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  10. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Looking for a new online site for tracking, a poster at Fuelly recommended Spiritmonitor, which some our European members have mentioned in the past. Home site is in German. Click the little UK flag in the upper right corner for English.

11. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I use fuelly to contribute to the general knowledge base. I also annotate my fill-ups so I know the conditions that contributed to the change in MPG.

And my car is pretty good at computing my lifetime MPG too as long as some mechanic doesn't reset it.

Not everyone has a plug-in or EV.

Mendel Leisk and srellim234 like this.
  12. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Two very good points. The first in particular: the Fuelly bell curve is really helpful, let’s you know where you stand compared to the pack.

I think it also shows subtle stuff, like the impact of higher tension piston rings in the 2015’s, for example: the oil burning earlier years gained Toyota a trivial tenth or two of a mpg.

13. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am one of those who abandoned Fuelly when I switched from Gen3 to PP. Until then, it was a very good data warehouse for storing the gas mileage information for myself and maybe others. But with a PHEV, the gas mileage information based on full-tank-method became completely uninformative. Although I still keep a record of detailed use of gas and milage along with the number of kWh used from the wall and EV efficiency on my own spreadsheet, I don't use Fuelly at all for this. I have not checked either PlugShare or ChargePoint, but do they offer any app for calculating and sharing data for PHEV, not a BEV?

#13 Salamander_King, Feb 18, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  14. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    2022 finally showed up as an option in Fuelly mini-stats this morning.

Mendel Leisk likes this.