1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Funniest PriusChat front page ad EVER

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by naterprius, Feb 15, 2007.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    After arriving at PriusChat just now, there is some dumb looking fat guy in front of an Escalade staring at me. I clicked the video because it was just too much.

Turns out, this guy calls himself "Fat Joe" and is too fat to be boxed in, so he needs a big Escalade. (I kid you NOT.)

In case AdSense fails to give you the same experience, attached is my screencap of the PriusChat homepage.

You can catch the video at

http://www.mycadillacstory.com and click on <Fat Joe "It's Legendary">.

Attached Files:

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That is too lame...I don't even know what he's saying.

3. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    He's a pretty famous hip-hop artist/producer (I like a lot of his work). The Cadillac Escalade is a car that appeals to the same demographic that Fat Joe represents. I wish we could get a hip-hop artist (KANYE, DO YOU HEAR ME?) to start driving Prii. It would cut the Escalade sales in half.

Funny that it was on here, though. Love that screen shot!

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ahh, i love firefox...

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Everyone should click on all the Google ads and sponsor link they see on every Priuschat page.
    This is part of Danny's revenue stream and it keeps the servers running.

Seriously though, if they have to market vehicles through the statement of "I"m fat so I need a huge vehicle" they have issues. Then again with the "growing" American population, perhaps we're all in trouble.

6. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    bump because it makes me laugh again (while I cry for michigan).

Nate

7. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I can see you doing commercials like this, Nate! You'll have to attend some special speach class for several years, but I think you've got it in you!

8. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Feb 15 2007, 03:53 PM) [snapback]391117[/snapback]</div>
    I'm afraid obesity is part of the reason so many have bought SUVs and trucks.

9. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Feb 16 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]391368[/snapback]</div>
    But on the bright side, the person who invents a home-liposuction-to-biofuel-machine will make a gazillion dollars. It certainly sounds technically feasible, re:

http://www.gulfbreezenews.com/news/2007/01...munity/022.html

"One of the great things about bio-diesel is it can be made from so many different sources," Bethune said.

To prove his point Bethune underwent liposuction, intending to convert his excess fat into fuel to run in his boat. But he won't get far. Pete, who weighs a lean 158 pounds, has so little fat that all the surgeon could extract was less than half a pound. From this, Pete says he'll get about 100 milliliters (or approximately seven tablespoons) of bio-diesel, which will fuel his boat for approximately 330 feet. He plans to get additional fat donated from other Auckland, New Zealand cosmetic surgeons, with patient consent, and make a total of around two and a half gallons of fuel. While this won't get him around the globe, it will highlight the point that bio-diesel can be made from lots of sources. No one has made bio-diesel from human fat before, but Bethune claims there is no reason why it won't work.

10. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If I had 26K to easily spend, and this could go just a little bit faster, I'd get this > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twike It's a human powered/electric hybrid.

My round trip work commute is 50 miles. If I used a Twike daily, I could skip the gym and maybe be fit for a triathalon.

11. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I just watched "Idiocracy" and this guy reminded me of everybody in the film.

Nate