1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Funny Story!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jsfabb, Apr 25, 2012.

1. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have been talking to a business associate and we got on the subject of Prii. He said his friend has one and was bragging to him how she is getting 50 mpg. I told him that she could do even better and sent him some video links amongst other info to help her achieve better mileage. I even sent a picture to him of my best trip which was 66.8 mpg for 34.7 miles averaging 41 mph.

He sent her all of the info including the picture. I just talked to him again and he said that after reviewing all of the info she is still only getting 50 mpg. And, accused him of photoshopping the picture I had sent.

It's time to send him this video link of Wayne Gerdes showing someone how to get 86 mpg.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    for some people, it just doesn't get any better. whether due to topography, climate or inability/preference not to change driving style, some don't even get 50. and yet, it's a heck of a lot better than what they were getting in their last car!

3. ralleia

ralleia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Awesome video, jsfabb!

I already do a lot of coasting in my RAV4, which is part of the reason that I'm so hot to get a Prius now. It drives me BONKERS that the gas engine is still running and it doesn't need to be. It also gets my goat that I don't get any benefit from my braking. I drive through a construction zone every weekday getting to the city, and the EV mode would be so nice for that stretch when I'm crawling through the zone at 10 mph.

Logically, I know that with gas prices at $4.50 here, I won't save money getting the Prius, but emotionally I can't stand the idea of the waste. So I want my toy!

4. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I know exactly what you mean. As I've told my kids ... I don't mind spending money, I just hate wasting it!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. kalome

kalome Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    "I even sent a pictures to him of my best trip which was 66.8 mpg for 34.7 miles averaging 41 mph."

WOW a whole 34 miles getting 66.8 mpg, that is amazing.
    Why don't you try 5 miles for 99 mpg. I know you can do it.