1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Furious and ignorant Nissan Leaf driver

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by plchung, Jul 3, 2013.

1. cantwealljustgetalong

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Persona
    A little research found the LEAF owners post and his side of the story. He included a photo that made his case for him. He was upset because you were parked in a stall marked "for vehicle charging only" aside from the fact your car is incapabable of using the Blink DC quick charger, you were not CHARGING your car so you were clearly in violation of the posted sign. You are lucky he did not have you towed.

F8L and cwerdna like this.
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    It's even worse. FYI, and based off both thePrius grill and the CA plate beginning with 6V**** (pre- 2012 - pre PiP) ... that Prius isn't even a Plug in. So it's a double whammy. What's most irksome for EV's is that even if a plugin hybrid runs out of charge ... it can still get where it's going. Blocking EV access? It'd be like a hand full of EV's using the local 76 gas station area, right in fron of the pumps as their own personal parking garage. But then again ... you'd have to be stupid to expect people to be considerate now days. This is the clueless and the ME generation - so we all might as well get over it.

DaveinOlyWA and markrivers like this.
  3. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This is not true. I'm a '6V' and I've even seen '6U' PiPs.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    interesting - my car-pooler's 2010 plate is 6V00***. But still ... do not miss the point (fog lights in the bumper = 2010-2011) regardless of plate sequence, that it ain't even a PiP. Trying to show some luv to PiP owners here. :)
    They wouldn't be that inconsiderate ...... right?

5. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Looks to me like a PiP. Notice the chrome trim strip on either side of the license plate? And is that a chrome door handle showing on the right rear door?

6. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  7. Astolat

Astolat Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Because the OP edited his OP to refer people to page 7, new joiners may have missed that the Leaf owner himself joined this thread and gave his side of the story, and the PiP driver got lambasted by his fellow PiP drivers here. Not sure there's much point in raking over the charred embers of his argument again after the flaming he rightly got.

It is a PiP. As rogerv points out it has a chrome door handle, seen even more clearly in the OP's avatar...

fuzzy1 likes this.
  8. plchung

plchung Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thank you for clarification... My PIP just hit 30000 miles recently. A really nice car. I think my story can be an example for new fellow PIP owners to know what to expect at public EV charging station. BE PREPARED! :)

9. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Where is that 'beating a dead horse' animation?

A little careful reading shows that the PiP owner pulled his OP and effectively admitted defeat with this update many months ago.
    Is the plate a reliable indicator in CA? The plates on my Prius predate the car by several years, having been transferred from a previous car.

Despite having memorized even many friends' plates in my youth, I'm now too old to easily be memorizing new plates on my own cars.

Lourun likes this.
  10. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here's my theory on how this works in California: The regular numbered plates are dispensed through DMV offices and AAA offices statewide, as well as being stocked in the HQ in Sacramento. As new series of numbers come out, they get sent out in batches to these dispensing offices, along with the ones kept in Sacramento that get mailed out. So someone might have a car plated with a particular series of starting number and letters, received from Sacramento by mail after the dealer registers the car electronically, and someone else could have a car bought at the same time in which the dealer got the plates locally, and the numbers won't be anywhere close. Also, if you have to replace damaged or lost plates, or buy a used car from a private party who has "vanity plates" you will get new plates in the same series as the new cars are getting.

3PriusMike likes this.