1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Further Surge In Gas Prices Expected

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rancid13, Apr 11, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Woo Hoo,
    I stopped at the local shop & rob in volusia county:
    reg 2.90.9, mid 3.10.9 & prem 3.20.9.

I thought dang If I needed to fill up my tundra it would cost me $58.00

The idea of the mad max movies came to mind of people hording fuel, lol..

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

whine whine whine, here today converted to US gallons for US dollars the cheap shit is going for $3.413

3. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

Well, my friend's dad works for BP and has been fairly accurate. The last time he predicted $3 a gallon which I forgot when, but nobody believed him. As soon as that date came, gas rose up to $3 a gallon. Now he's telling me its going to be $4 a gallon at the end of this summer. I'm glad that I am letting my older bro get my Lancer Evolution. Atleast I can drive my yamaha 600 around and get like 40 mpg for now until a prius comes upon my way.

4. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Exxon is like a company selling lifeboats on the Titanic, which, by the way, under the incompetence and arrogance of Captain G.W. Bush, has just collided with the icebergs of peak oil and global climate change.

Remember Terry Schiavo and how the manufactured moral outrage of Bush, Frist, etc, monpolized the government for a week? This is the same cadre of moral midgets who were ready to lynch Clinton for getting a blow job but blissfully ignore the far more onerous actions of our current leader. Where is their outrage now that millions of Americans are being screwed to the wall by Bush's Exxon buddies? Where's the leadership from EITHER party on this stuff?

I don't know how much of the growing increase in price is based on actual supply issues and how much on coporate greed (anyone?), but it's glaringly obvious that our alleged government (both parties) has failed abysmally to provide intelligent leadership.

B

5. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Apr 22 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]243788[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure there are multiple factors including supply and problems with the ethanol additive and so on. But when the ExxonMobils of the world start turning in obscenely large record profits, I'd say there is more than a touch of corporate greed involved.

And speaking of greed, can anyone explain why in a small town (pop = ~6,000) with two Mobil stations, one is charging $2.85 for a gallon of unleaded regular while the other is charging $3.05? They're no more than 3/4 mile apart and both on the main drag through town.

And while I'm at it, can anyone explain why people with their gas guzzling SUV hogs continue to fill up at the $3.05 station when they can get the same gas for $2.85 down the road. Actually, if they went a little farther down the road they could get it for $2.79 at a convenience store but it wouldn't be Mobil.

As I write this, it occurs to me that they are probably paying even more because they are probably not using regular!

I don't get it!