1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FYI Michelin Primacy MXV4 Tires

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dorf, Sep 23, 2008.

1. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nothing will match the MPG's of a set of bare Goodyear Integrity's, but they probably where not that safe either..:)

I say give them some time to break in..The weather is also a BIG factor I was getting over 60MPG all summer long. I am now struggling to keep it in the low 50's with the colder weather..

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i'm nearing 5k on our primacy mxv4's, so far i like them quite a bit. have taken a few small (~500 mi r/t) road trips in wet and dry, with no problems. have not had a chance to try them out on winter weather, because we don't really get winter weather here.

there was a minor mpg hit at first, of course, i went from a very worn set of energy mxv4+ to these. it wasn't horrible, but i don't remember exactly what it was. i will take the small mpg loss for stickier tires- i've always gotten mid-40s anyway, 44 in cooler weather doesn't break my heart.

3. Mridaho

Mridaho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When I purchased my 2013 Prius I had 17 inch rims and Michelin Primacy 4x tires installed.
    Now 30,000 miles later they are worn out? why I have no clue as they were rotated every 5000 etc.
    I talked to a local tire dealer and said the tread wear indicators are not shown yet. Two weeks later (06/01/2016) had the 30,000 mlle service. asked about Michelin 60,000 warranty. For $405 installed w/ tax etc I drove out with new tires.
    The 17 inch tires ride really smooth and handle great due in part to the narrow sidewalls.
    Highly recommend these tires.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    So they honoured the tread life warranty, you got new tires half price?

I did that once, got the same for replacement. One thing I wonder though: I don't think you'd be obligated to replace with same? Not sure.

5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Tire warranties are usually pretty worthless. If you were to go buy a new set of Michelins now (with store discounts and rebates), it would run you about $400.

I hate how the warranties always take the discount percentages of the "retail" price of the tire. That is like not offering a warranty at all