1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Galaxy Nexus/Android ROM now shows my music id tags on screen

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PhysicsGuy, May 13, 2012.

1. JimB1

JimB1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2012 Prius C that has a Alpine 920 head unit and I have a stock (so far) unrooted Samsung Galaxy S III. I have been able to get tract name and artist info but no album art with the stock music player that came with the phone. Just trying to find a music player that will show album art also. If I find one, I'll be sure to post the results.

2. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless you have an Apple product it won't work.

3. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  4. blane

blane Carmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I'd love to install that, and several other ROMs on my Google Nexus 7 (Jelly Bean) and Droid RAZR MAXX (ICS). However, rooting is not of any interest to me since I want to be able to receive automatic Android updates without even thinking further about it or flashing back.

5. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ditto, also on Galaxy S-II. My 2010 Nokia Steel Slide was able to synchronize text messages about 20% of the time, but couldn't synchronize phone contacts. The Galaxy S-II with Ice Cream Sandwich synchronizes phone contacts but can't synch text messages.

6. Tim Bender

Tim Bender Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's fair, but I just wanted to point out that most people who root and flash are relieved they won't get automatic carrier updates. There are trade offs for each, but since rooting my phone 12 months ago I've never missed the forced over-the-air updates verizon pushed.

ThunderBolt ? 2

PhysicsGuy likes this.
  7. Tim Bender

Tim Bender Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'll go ahead and second this, kinda. My phone (htc thunderbolt) had been a compete disappointment. Since I've owned the phone there has always been one or two features that don't work right (GPS, bt, laggy, poor battery, etc). I rooted a year ago and never found a decent ROM until I tried Liquid's ics for the thunderbolt.

Everything works finally. I have an upgrade coming up in December and honestly I'm just going to keep this phone and save some money.

My phone doesn't gave a JB ROM from liquid (or anyone else, we just got ICS in September), but these guys know what they're doing.

ThunderBolt ? 2

PhysicsGuy likes this.
  8. Danger

Danger Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a Gen3 IV and the Samsung S3. Without rooting am I able to get txt messages on the nav screen? If so where?

9. roadrunner7

roadrunner7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is there any other way to get this working on the galaxy nexus aside from using that rom?

10. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    This January (I think) I upgraded with the Samsung Jellybean released for Spain. There seems to be hardly any real differences between the country versions of Jellybean. Everything works like a charm ever since, and since this is an official Samsung release, the phone is ready for further official versions. FYI - I have an international (unlocked) Samsung SII GT-19100. Hope this helps.