1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Galaxy S8+ and Entune - losing connection

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Socialdis, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Socialdis

Socialdis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just got a Galaxy S8+ after having an IPhone for years. I have a 2014 Prius and I can not get my S8 to stay connected. I connects for about 1 minute and then it disconnects completely; no phone or media.

I never had an issue with the iPhone and getting it to work with Entune.

I had set CAR MULTIMEDIA as a trusted device but that seemed to have no effect. I was thinking my phone security settings were cutting off the Bluetooth connection when it goes to always on display but I have no clue.

I could live without the media playing through the car (although I wish I could get it all to work) but I really want to get it to maintain a phone connection.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas or possible solutions?

Thanks.

2. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Unfortunately I don't know the answer but on my 2013 Prius 3, my galaxy S4 ( Phone, multimedia, etc. ) worked great and I went to a galaxy S8 just recently and the S8 paired with no problem but it never even asked for multimedia.
    Basically the phone works fine but I can't play any of the music from my phone through the Nav system. I posted about it here but never got any replies No media transfer with Galaxy S8 | PriusChat
    I'm subscribed to this thread to see if you get any help and maybe an answer that I can use also.
    BTW my NAV system is ver. 3.2.0 ( there is a newer one out, ver. 5, but I haven't upgraded it yet ) and I don't have the disconnects like you are having.

3. Socialdis

Socialdis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Actually I figured it out. I just denied allowing messages and it has been working since the

4. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Glad you got it working. :)

5. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Interestingly enough, today my multimedia was working ie my music on the phone now plays through the Bluetooth connection to the car.
    A mystery for sure but it works :eek: