1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gallons per Month

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Tyrin, Jun 18, 2007.

1. psikot

psikot New Member

i get the idea. get fuel effency, drive more, use more gas than you did before. all you have to do is drive to the same places you did before, and make as many trips on one drive as possible. all things being equal the prius will save gas and you will have to get less gas than before. if you get a prius and race it, most of the point of getting the car is gone. it is not a performance vehicle.

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I use less than 40 litres every 3 weeks nornally although one fortnight I used 40 litres due to a 650km trip the first week.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(psikot @ Sep 16 2007, 04:14 PM) [snapback]513235[/snapback]</div>
    I disagree with this.
    Drive all cars to be their most efficient. Drive how you want to as that's how you drove your last car but make a few sensible changes to how you want to drive and you will reap the biggest reward. The Prius will reward you with better fuel economy than your last car if you drive it the same way however you can accelerate in a Prius remarkably quickly without realising it because of how smooth it is and the good start line torque. I'm not content to be slow off the line but I still average about 4.3L/100km although I have 80 sets of traffic lights to negotiate on my daily commute.

Your biggest enemy in any car is the brake pedal, Prius grabs back some of that normally dumped energy but not all of it, avoid dumping energy and you will save fuel.