1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gap-filling storage for Hotel Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gmail, Apr 18, 2017.

1. gmail

gmail New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just came back from a great weekend trip where my spouse and I camped in the back of our 07 Prius. We had our heads at the rear hatch (great for stargazing) and our feet resting on random stuff we piled in between the gap between the folded down back seats and the pushed-forward front seats. Does anyone know any storage bins or boxes (preferably buyable from Target, Walmart, etc) that are optimal for filling this gap?

SFO, Data Daedalus and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like fun! good luck finding bins/boxes.(y)

Data Daedalus likes this.
  3. Data Daedalus

Data Daedalus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's incredibly romantic......and stargazing from the back window of a Prius is the icing on the cake. Must do that sometime.

4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Someone online was selling a kit for such, which included a couple of plastic storage bins and not sure what else, though I don't remember it including tie down straps for flattening the back seat fully. Seems the link that I had bookmarked no longer works now.

Try pushing the front seats as far forward as possible, now lay flat the back seats, then measure the shortest gap between the folded back seat (did you remove the head rests?) and the forward folded front seat, measuring the height from the floor would depend on if the back seats are laying perfectly flat or at an angle (and if the head rests were removed).

Please let everyone know what dimensions you come up with, and we might be able to find something to fit.

If you are feeling crafty or now someone who is this could inspire : Prius camper conversion - Ruslan Osipov