1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Garage Door Opener

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by propricer, Sep 4, 2006.

1. propricer

propricer New Member

Can't seem to get the prius programmed to activate my Liftmaster garage door opener ... anyone have any clues about how to do this ... is the learn button on the Liftmaster the correct method ???

2. glenhead

glenhead New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propricer @ Sep 4 2006, 03:02 PM) [snapback]314124[/snapback]</div>
    Take the car *far* away from the garage door, so you can push the button on the remote control for over a half-minute without freaking out the opener. Follow the directions in the manual on how to set a button on the HomeLink to emulate the remote - I think it was hold the remote within two inches of the mirror, press and hold the button on the remote, press and hold the button you want to program on the HomeLink, wait 'till the LED in the mirror starts flashing fast, then release. NOTE: I may have forgotten a step or two there - it's been two months - RTFM. After you get it programmed into the HomeLink, put a person in the Prius and one at the motor of the opener, with access to the Learn button. Have the Prius person press and hold the correct HomeLink button, then press and release the Learn button. The light on the opener should blink (once or twice). Don't hold the Learn button, or it'll wipe the memory on the opener, and you'll have to relearn all of the other remotes, too - this is the voice of experience (three times - my dad didn't listen...) You may have to hold the button on the HomeLink longer than you're used to - the one at my parents' house takes three or four seconds to register and start to work. I also had to press the Learn button three or four times to get it to learn the HomeLink. Final note: if the person in the Prius is there with the power button just turned on (the car won't drive, in other words), be danged sure you turn the car off after programming the opener, otherwise you'll get the joy of jumping the Prius the next morning - again, bitter experience speaking.

Good luck!

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Just to add to it... it seems that the homelink always requires you to hold the button just a bit longer than you think you should... i wish they could have made it just an easy instant push, but instead you have to hold it in for several seconds before it'll activate the garage.