1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas Cubby Questions

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by Ubu the Tech Guru, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Ubu the Tech Guru

Ubu the Tech Guru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi guys. I looked around for a mileage tracker and read a few others on these forums that went with this app.
    I am not sure I like it or maybe I don't know how to use it. I don't see where it provides me back mpg or other beneficial info. I've got 3 entries since I've put gas in my new car 3 times. Here's the latest entry and it doesn't even show me the mpg based on the previous mileage and tank fill, is it suppose to?[​IMG]
    If anyone can provide some tips I would appreciate it

Tapatalk is tha shizzle

2. Ubu the Tech Guru

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Ok, I actually just looked at my last fill up and I noticed it did fill in the MPG but could this be accurate? 134 mpg????? WOW[​IMG]

Tapatalk is tha shizzle

3. sisharp

sisharp Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I use Gas Tracker +. It was an independent gas app that was purchased by fuelly.com not too long ago. It displays bars and graphs of your data and it syncs with the website fuelly.com which is used by many people to track their fuel economy. Trucks vans prii jettas all use the site. The app was originally a bit unstable but I have had no problems with it. I use it on an iPhone 4S. It used to have a bug that if you only had 1 fuel up it would crash when trying to display the graphs. Probably because it expected more data to take averages and such. But it's a minor bug which they may have fixed by now. You should give it a try and possibly get on their website too. You can see eveyones averages and trips and when they fueled. It's a bunch of info and it's a bit more efficient than the olden days of tracking everything with an excel sheet although some peeps here still use that method.

Since you have a couple fuel ups you may think you have to start over but nope. If you have the dates, trip mileage, and gallons used from the old app you can input all of that in this app and it will display all the graphs normally.

P.S. It's free

4. sisharp

sisharp Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Ahh yes lol. Um it might be right if you are an extreme hypermiler. But, if you've never seen your trip info screen with maxed bars all the time then it might not be right. Maybe you put in the wrong gallons or mileage ;)

5. Phil 29 Palms CA

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I recommend you become a member of fuelly.com. Most members of priuschat use the site to track their gas fill-ups. One nice thing about fuelly is that you can link your performance with the priuschat site. By doing so, members can see your driving average MPG on future threads you post. Note my fuelly link on this tread posting.

6. Ubu the Tech Guru

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeap, I just looked and I forgot to enter the mileage at my 2nd fuel up. I remember my 2nd tank got me 430 miles so I just entered it and now it looks more accurate.

Tapatalk is tha shizzle

ztanos likes this.
  7. W5JCK

W5JCK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I've been using Gas Cubby and it works fine for me. I just installed GasTracker+ after reading sisharp's post since I also use Fuelly.com. I do notice that Gas Cubby has a 4-1/2 star rating whereas GasTracker+ only has a 2-1/2 star rating on iTunes. Apparently GasTracker+ has been buggy at connecting with Fuelly.com. So far it works on my iPhone 5, so I'll give it a trial run.

8. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I use fuelly and A Car. I love them both.

9. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two