1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas Gauge Indicator

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by rmudia, Feb 13, 2014.

1. rmudia

rmudia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I was recently filling up my little c when the gas nozzle switched off before the very last bar on the screen lit up. The gas pump indicated that my tank was full but my car indicated that I have one more bar left. This is the second time this has happened. Anyone experience this? I am currently at 50k.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, this sometimes happens. there is no way to know if the pump shut off early, or the gauge didn't register all the way. (which sometimes happens for unknown reason) don't try to add more as that can potentially cause damage. if you track your mpg's and fill up history, you usually have a pretty good idea of how many gallons it will take.

3. That happened to me as well the first few times that I went to fill up my fuel tank. Eventually the problem went away. My guess is that it's just how you hold the pump to refuel. If it's not in the right place, then the nozzle will click.

4. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Your post implies that you were watching the gas gauge display WHILE pumping the gas.
    If so, that's probably not a good thing to do.......as all electrical systems should be OFF when fueling.

5. estebinbin

estebinbin Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    this has happened to me as well a few times and i'm about to reach 25000 miles. i am going to have toyota take a look at this when i take it in for my regular maintenance...

6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Toyota in all their infinite wisdom has put in a weird coding policy with their fuel gauge. If you don't put more than 3 gallons of gas in the car, the gauge won't move... I had to fight with a rental car company about it... Not sure if this is your problem or not, but there is that.

Fahfoofnik likes this.
  7. maddog61

maddog61 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Scangauge 2 is great .... u can see how many litres or gals u have used.... great for instant mpg, average mpg, coolant temp. 12 volt battery charge, etc.