1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

gas gauge not reading and tank won't fill completely

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by atp162, Nov 12, 2016.

1. atp162

atp162 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I attempted to fill up my 2006 several days ago and the fuel nozzle clicked off even though I had only put in a little more than half the number of gallons that it would normally take to fill. Even when I attempted to put in more, the pump nozzle kept clicking off and would not allow me to add any more gas. And then the gas gauge indication would not go up after I started the car. It stayed at 1 bar as if the tank was nearly empty and has stayed that way ever since.

I attempted the fuel gauge recalibration procedure detailed in the thread https://priuschat.com/threads/fuel-gauge-calibration-instructions.15063/ . I did it multiple times over a 2-day period, getting the 6-to-5 numbers as the instructions indicated, but the gauge still will not work.

I had replaced both the traction battery and 12v battery this year after one, then the other, failed. But the latest replacement, the 12v battery, was done a couple of months ago and the gas gauge was working fine up until now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try a few different gas pumps, let the tank breathe for a few minutes after taking the cap off before beginning to pump. try holding the pump nozzle at a 90 degree angle or even upside down.