1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas gauge

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by amjohnson, Dec 14, 2016.

1. amjohnson

amjohnson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Okay I know that there are tons of forums and threads about the gas gauge but I live in Minnesota the temp is 5 above with the windchill making it feel like 20 below I just put in 7 gallons give or take a little and it won't show on my gas gauge that it's completely full why is that I read about calibrating but I don't know if I really need to do that can someone help me out 1481759982942.jpg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I wouldn't panic just yet. It may just be that with the cold affecting everything (bladder flexibility, car sensors, gas station equipment, etc.) you really didn't get it all the way filled. You put in 7 gallons but maybe under normal conditions it might have taken 8 or 9.

See how things read the next time you fill up. If the gauge still seems to be a problem then consider a re-calibration it at that time.

3. cipsaz187

cipsaz187 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It happens this on my wife's 2009 as well. Its probably due to a cold weather or gas pump, but most likely the bladder is acting up. You shouldn't worry about it.

4. M in KC

M in KC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Situation normal. Especially for colder climates/times of the year with this vintage Pri. Don't try and force more fuel in, stop at the click.

5. amjohnson

amjohnson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Good to know just filled up again today because we're in a snowstorm want to make sure I had gas had one bar below a half a tank put 5 gallons in still doesn't feel up to the last bar it is 14 above for the temperature

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.