1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas Meter Temporary Malfunction 2003

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by diode, Jun 30, 2004.

1. diode

diode New Member

Last week something funny happened. My gas tank was about 1/2 full. I started the car up and the fuel gauge showed one blinking element on it. I kept driving and after about 5 minutes of driving it corrected itself.

It has not happened since then and it only happened once.

Anyone know why this happened? Is it something I need to be concerned about?

Thanks,
    Eric

2. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Were you parked downhill?

3. diode

diode New Member

I was parked on a level surface, but to get to the parking lot, I drive downhill.

It has been the same parking lot since I got the car, but never had this problem before.

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I went once from three bars to one blinking bar and I was parked downhill. Quite a few drivers have gone from three bars to one bar; guess that's why they call it the guess gauge.

5. diode

diode New Member

Well I know that on a regular car with an analog gauge you see the needle go up and down as you go up and down hills.

It is interesting, however that it took around 5 minutes for it to correct itself.

Eric