1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas or Electric: Which one is cheaper for the Prius Prime!

Discussion in 'Prime Plug-in Charging' started by noonm, May 2, 2019.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That utility also charges a $14.70/month account or connection charge. But out here in this region, the stated per-kWh charges include (almost) everything else. Not just energy, but also delivery, distribution, and transmission, items that are separated in certain other parts of the continent.

I live in a different public utility district than mentioned above. I pay approximately 15¢ per kWh plus $9/month account charge. This utility also has several area-specific surcharges for various undergrounding projects, amounting to a small fraction of a cent per kWh, and not reaching to most customers. Neighboring utilities have rates similar or a bit lower.

2. Rmay635703

Rmay635703 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah at 35 cents a 32mpg car is going to be cheaper than an EV on average and that isn’t including extra taxes and fees

It’s unfortunate you don’t have access to natural gas, even including the price of an industrial generator you’re talking 20 cents a kwhr all in (worst case) to produce power at current gas and generator wear and maintenance costs.

Add a small solar array to keep the genset off occasionally and you might do even better.

Salamander_King likes this.
  3. RoadPoppy

RoadPoppy New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Wow...that's amazing! I WISH!

priusman15 likes this.