1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas Prices shooting Up Again

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Catskillguy, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Actually, you're close... very close...

It's about a $55-60 fillup for a 25 gallon tank (like the Prius, most don't go totally empty), which is just about what the Expedition/Navigator/F150 (basically all the same chasis) holds.

:ph34r:

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm keeping track as gas prices go up...

Some comparisons of pricing at 2 nearby gas stations (Huntington Beach, CA). Arco is at corner of Goldenwest/Slater, Chevron is at corner of Beach/Slater, ~1 mile apart.

Tuesday January 3, 2006
    Arco..........$1.99/gallon
    Chevron....$2.05/gallon

Tuesday January 10, 2006
    Arco..........$2.19/gallon
    Chevron....$2.35/gallon

And today's data:

Tuesday January 24, 2006 7:30am
    Arco..........$2.29/gallon
    Chevron....$2.39/gallon

Oops, they went up again in a matter of a few hours.

Tuesday January 24, 2007 11:30am
    Arco..........$2.33/gallon
    Chevron....$2.43/gallon

3. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

Local gas station managers must be watching the news... Two nights ago it was reported on the local Portland evening news that we had the lowest gas prices in the nation. (This is a very rare thing to be reported in Portland, usually we're in the higher half.) The very next day our corner gas station raised prices six cents.

- Bob R.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    filled up yesterday...still at $2.20. been that way for over a week now.

5. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    First Jan Fillup $2.29

Second Fillup $2.37

Yesterday prices were $2.49.

I'll need to fill up tomorrow, and who knows what it will be then.

6. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I had an a-hole Excursion pull out in front of me today, causing me to slam on my brakes and skid a little. I was so pissed that I calmed myself down by thinking about how much $ he must spend on filling up that honking beast of a machine. 44 gallon fuel tank. Gas @ $2.39/gallon. ~$100 per fill up. ~10-12 mpg. :D :D :D :D

7. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This morning the barrel $$ is down but you wont see the pump price go down as soon as it does when they report that the barrel price went up.

We are at 2.42 at our local Arco, brand names in the 2.40-2.50+ range.

Whenever some gas guzzler A-hole does something stupid I like to think about what trip I can take with my gas savings, how many bottles of wine I can buy and so on and so on. All he/she gets is the illusion of being big and cool but no denaro to play.

8. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Still going up in Lubbock. Last I checked, my usual station is around $2.23, with several stations around town at $2.30, both about 10c higer than it was about a week ago.

I was having a discussion the other day with one of my labmates who drives a Mercury Mountaineer (surprise, surprise she had no idea what gas mileage she got). Anyway, she made some comment about how it would be nice when gas prices went back down. I just said I don't think they are ever going to go back down under $2, just keep going up.

I agree with Godiva, we are becoming desensitized to the $2 a gallon and it is only a matter of time before we will be wishing it was $2 (and already is happening in some areas). When it hits an average of $2.50, we will wish it was $2.25 and so on and so forth.

9. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Ooof... :lol:

Edit: hovering in the high $2.4x range up here outside of boston...

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    still holding at 2.39 here. hope it doesn't go up any more, although i'm days and days away from a fill-up.

11. jdjeep98

jdjeep98 New Member

I keep finding myself hoping it goes up... Sorry, I can't help it. :(
    It's just that, if the price of gas goes down, all my justification for buying a new Prius when I had a perfectly good car already goes out the window. If the price goes up, my gas savings starts paying for more and more of my car payment. :D And that, folks, is what it's all about... B)

12. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The Chevron on the corner of Beach/Slater in Huntington Beach, CA went up to $2.49 today.

13. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i hope it goes up also. im a long long long way from having to consider gas money an expense. it seems that this is the best way to clean up the air...simply make it too expensive to dirty it up

14. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

You know, there are many people out there who are having trouble paying for gas these days. They may not necessarily be driving a gas-guzzling SUV either. Many of these lower income people rely heavily on their cars to get them to and from work. Higher gas prices that hurt these folks is NOT a good thing, and it's rediculous to think that just to "clean the air."

Just because you can afford something and is not a daily concern for you doesn't mean it's not like that for someone else. No one should have to choose between eating a good meal and being able to get to work.

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i work with a whole bunch of the people you mention doc. unlike most people on this forum, i make practically nothing. if it werent for a side income ive had for years of helping people to understand their computers, i would have nowhere near the income i need to live on.

80% of the people i work with make less than $25,000 a year. half of them make less than $20,000 and they have been around for years. they currently do not affect big business' decisions to do anything and that will not change.

its only when the more affluent lower-middle class (since we dont make enough to qualify for that) is suffering will big business sit up and take notice. and i hope that day happens soon.

16. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i work with a whole bunch of the people you mention doc. unlike most people on this forum, i make practically nothing. if it werent for a side income ive had for years of helping people to understand their computers, i would have nowhere near the income i need to live on.

80% of the people i work with make less than $25,000 a year. half of them make less than $20,000 and they have been around for years. they currently do not affect big business' decisions to do anything and that will not change.

its only when the more affluent lower-middle class (since we dont make enough to qualify for that) is suffering will big business sit up and take notice. and i hope that day happens soon.

17. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Gas prices going up...no down...no up...jeesh...currently 2.08 in Dayotn OH

18. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Regular at the station by the NY Thruway just turned to $2.96 on Friday....

19. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Catskillguy @ Apr 16 2006, 06:59 AM) [snapback]240478[/snapback]</div>
    We're seeing $2.65 at Costco (cheapest), but $3.08 locally.