1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas under $2

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MNPrius, Nov 18, 2005.

1. VaPrius

VaPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    OPEC doesn't want prices too high. They want to keep us hooked on their oil. If we don't need their oil they are irrelevant.

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    GWB SAID (at Katrina time) he was going to tap into the Strategic reserve. Do we know if he actually did? I haven't seen any follow-up.

If he did, the rapid recent price drop will have a bounce to it when he turns off the spigot. Otherwise, traditionally during winter, prices pretty much remain flat.

Every time this crap happens, I pay closer attention to the world/US market. Now all I listen to is "unleaded gas futures".

3. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That's true. And that's the tightrope that they have to walk. Sustained high prices will line their pockets in the short term but hurt them down the road. Of course, once we hit peak production, whenever that is, prices will inexorably move higher. I find it interesting that the Kuwaiti Burgan field (the second largest in the world) has appearently peaked 15 years ahead of schedule. There are many who also think that the Saudis are not capable of increasing their production in any meaningful way. It's hard to know since the middle east reserves are a bit of an unknown quantity. It will be interesting to see exactly where oil prices go in the next decade.

4. Weinerneck

Weinerneck New Member

We're still at $2.48 :angry: Gota love NY <_<

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Shell to Chevron: "Let's stick it to all those pointy-heads on both coasts."

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    east coaster to shell and chevron: 'bite me.'

:D

7. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

What she said!