1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gauging Interest on JDM Full LED Tail lamps

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by TWP, Apr 27, 2011.

1. ddaw215

ddaw215 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hey Spidey, Yes I have the same flasher unit. I tried but couldn't find the flasher anywhere under the dash. the previous thread suggested it was easy but all other threads (like yours) say that its tough. Now I know what I'm looking for. I just don't like the egg yolk look, I bought some LEDs but also just ordered a couple of stealth bulbs but I tried them in another car and didn't like them because they are a bit dim. Anyway, I will give it another go and let you know

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When you are looking, set the emergency flashers on... might help pin point the location by sound.

I just noticed you have the v... so it could in a different location. Good luck!

3. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You can always change to Philips Silver Vision to eliminate the egg yolk look and still have bright bulbs. That's what I'm using in the front. For the rears, upgrade to full LED tails and you won't have dim bulb issues.

4. eds123

eds123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm tired of reading through all these posts and topics...where is the link for purchasing the Valenti lights?

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    TWP CO. LTD.

1 person likes this.
  6. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    ^^^ Thanks for making that easy 32k. I just ordered a set. How long did it take to have them arrive at your door?

7. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Arrived in 2 days from TWP's Asia distribution center. I'm right next to the airport so it got to me quickly after clearing customs.

8. ddaw215

ddaw215 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks, I just installed some Stealth bulbs that are very similar. Awesome look but wish they were brighter then I would just leave them alone. I guess I will be getting on my hands and knees again and put some leds on. Wish I could find that darn flasher unit though I'm an bit nervous about that Knee airbag...

9. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    {{blonde moment}} I got lost somehow in this thread.... WHY is everyone looking for some flasher unit? Is this something I don't know about?

10. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If you install standalone LED bulbs in turn signals, you'll have the hyperflashing issue unless you put in a flasher relay. That's what those people are doing. The Valenti lights already have a resistor in place to prevent this hyperflashing so no relay is needed.

1 person likes this.
  11. ddaw215

ddaw215 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi Spidey, just FYI I just came back from the dealership, I asked them how much it would cost to have them change the flasher unit. He said that the dashboard had to come off and it would be at least 4 hours labor. I think at this point I will live with the stealth bulbs. Although the "JDM"? look cool I haven't found them listed for the V.:mad:

12. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just got mine (CRs) today.:D

Not to go off-topic but I ran into an issue with the post office in delivering these. My wife saw the post man (a substitute, not our normal gal) drive up, fill out a form, put it into the mailbox and drive off last Friday. The form was a notice that they were unable to deliver the package because no one was home. The little twit never even bothered to try. [​IMG] Aside from that, delivery time way pretty quick - Ordered on April 20 and (kind of) delivered on the 27th.:rolleyes:

I went to the post office to pick up this morning. I was a little concerned because the bottom of the box was showing one of the threaded bolts poking through a hole. I looked from the outside to see if the threads were damaged but they seemed ok. I opened the box later today and was a little surprised to see how mediocre the packaging was for these. Each lamp was double wrapped in bubble wrap, which was pretty good, but the box itself was some fairly thin cardboard and a little beat up. Thankfully, both lamps seem to be just fine.[​IMG]

Now if I can just get the damn car I would be much happier. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Im sorry but who ever told u that is blowing smoke where the Sun don't shine.

All u need to do is remove the 2 screws that hold up the panel under the dash & remove the panel. Look for the wires for the brake switch. Just above that will be the flasher. Takes no more that 1/2hr.

14. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't know why they keep destroying the packages despite being very clearly labeled "Fragile," but at least they're insured in case they arrive damaged.

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing them on your Barcelona Red. I'm a fan of red tails on red cars.

15. robby3

robby3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Would it be possible to show us the two screws you are referring either in a diagram or picture ? I know where the flasher relay is but have troubles to access it with my fat fingers without removing anything ;)

16. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is the best I can do at the moment.

[​IMG]

17. cassiocm

cassiocm New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would be interest depending on price and if they are plug and play.

18. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    They are pnp. No mods needed to get them working......just mount them & plug them in.....thats it.

19. ddaw215

ddaw215 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the pictures Sean. My v does not look quite the same. Does yours have Knee bags? My Tire reset and the Collision avoidance switches look further back on mine. I will try and take a good picture this weekend.

20. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, I have the knee airbag.

Should look similar......can't imagine Toyota making too much of a change.