1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gauging Interest on JDM Full LED Tail lamps

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by TWP, Apr 27, 2011.

1. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  2. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That middle part latches on. Maybe thats where you need the tools? I used a flat head screwdriver and moved that middle piece back and then pulled up.

4. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    that's what I thought...how far did that middle piece have to be pried back? I'm using eyeglass screwdriver and still trying to find the right angle.

5. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    did you pry it back BEFORE pulling it up or simulataneously?

6. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I used a bigger flathead screwdriver. It didnt go back that far, but I was careful to not do it too hard as the last thing I needed was a broken plastic piece. I just leaned it at an angle, then twisted the screwdriver.

7. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think I pried it back before I pulled up, but I did it as soon as I saw clearance.

8. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok got it! Now last question for real this time.

Putting everything back together on one side done.

Question is...from step 6 of the guide...RE:I'm on step 6...the white plastic fasteners on the side panels...

How do I reattach them? They are slotted on one side, which makes it appear that you somehow scoop it back on? Attempting to tap it in looks like I would just damage it and mash it all up.

Thank you somebody7 and 32kcolors for your help and putting up with my noob questions.(y)

9. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It goes straight in just as you remove it straight out. Just align it with the contour of the body and it should snap in.

10. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol, I actually knew what you were going to ask before you asked. I had the same questions. Im probably more of a noob than you. I actually had to put the lights and take off the lights a few times because I kept forgetting to do things, this was one of them.
    Basically, as 32k said, just align it with the holes and it should snap in. You can prob try a combination of pulling the lights up and slightly pushing the bumper down if you have trouble with it snapping in. Good luck

11. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wait...you guys are referring to the interior side panels, correct? The tail light is in and hooked up on that side, just trying to finish up that particular side before doing the other.

This is taking waay longer than I anticipated that I had to stop and eat dinner....LOL. Thanks again guys.

12. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My mistake, I thought you were talking about that white piece of plastic on the lens that attaches to the bumper. If youre talking about the white pieces on the interior side panels, mine just snapped in. I just pushed them in and they snapped in.

JAYSONE likes this.
  13. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well, I got them installed thanks to the help of you and 32kcolors. (y)

I gave up on trying to get the white pieces on the interior side panels to snap in. I couldn't even do it with the piece that I pulled off. When I pulled the panel off the other half of the white piece remained in the hole on the body frame; maybe that is why?

Other than that issue and a few spots on the interior where I got some grease? from the weatherstripping I managed to not break anything else and got everything else put together.

Thanks again for the help and putting up with me.

J

14. somebody7

somebody7 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No problem at all. Glad you got everything back on. btw, you should post some pics of your car with the new lights.

15. Blizzwhiteprius

Blizzwhiteprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Love and want the HC Lights myself, but would it not be a cheaper rout on the 2012 Prius models just swapping out
    the reverse bulb and the turn signal bulb. and adding a load balancing resister? To make Full Led.

16. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The real point of upgrading to the Valenti lights is to give your car a different and improved look. Simply changing the halogen bulbs isn't going to give you that, not to mention weaker light output compared to 10 or 14 LEDs.

17. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    [​IMG] photo(6).JPG

18. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Today when I was washing my car, I noticed that I had these scratch like marks, I was choked cause I thought someone scratched them, and I baby my car :/

However, as I bent down to take a closer took, I noticed that the Valenti's were cracks coming from the inside of the taillights, there were no scratch grooves on the outside, it was smooth, and I kept convincing myself that it's not a exterior damage but more of a interior defect. I also noticed that there's some moisture like fog build up on the inside ><

Panson, if you are reading this, are my taillights covered under the warranty ? I can take all the pics you need, from the look of the pics it looks like the damage was from the exterior, however, I'm 100% sure its interior problem.

Let me know what you guys think ><

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Pics are not visible but yes, they come with a one-year warranty.

20. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    FWIW...I right-clicked and selected view image and it came up. Hard to see what he is talking about on the pics though because of the background reflection.