1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gauging Interest on JDM Full LED Tail lamps

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by TWP, Apr 27, 2011.

1. blizzardfive

blizzardfive Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'm not sure if this is the proper thread to post this in but apparently the group buy for these lights has been suspended or cancelled.

In light of this development, can someone from TWP respond and confirm the group buy is over?

Additionally, based on my limited understanding of the problem, it appears to be a purely compliance issue with PC's policy. If this is the case, can TWP comply and request that the group buy be re-instated?

Thanks for any information.....as I am sure many are interested in these lights, including myself.

2. justintiime

justintiime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    hear hear! I'm interested as well. I remember reading TWP saying he tried to get ahold of Danny about the group buy but Danny never responded. If thats the case I think closing the group buy like that was wrong. Lack of communication only leads to failure.

3. samsprius1

samsprius1 HEV Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Got a pm from somebody! No Interest at 4 bills. going to do a custom tint candy red, all one color.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's not the case in this situation. TWP started the group buy without authorization after being presented with the details and rules on how we run group buys here on PriusChat, so I have set the thread into the moderation queue until we have everything straightened out.

Hopefully things will be in place soon and the group buy can continue. If not, I already have another supplier in line for the product.

1 person likes this.
  5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Good to hear that the GB thread can continue once everything is straightened out.

6. XMAN LIVE

XMAN LIVE "Just have Fun!"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I would like to be a part of bulk purchase as long as price is not to crazy. What style would look good on [FONT=&quot]1F7 Classic Silver Metallic?[/FONT] I have tinted windows. Think clear is out due to being so close to the original look, thinking with black spoiler and glass tinted dark maybe the smoked version. I am thinking about having car rap done for lower part of trunk to make glossy black to match spoiler. Leave logo strip silver. Any thoughts? Any ways put me on the list, hope Danny get this resolved soon. Go Danny:D… please keep us updated:confused:. I had to find my own suppler for side mirrors due to all the delays with that. Hope this does not go down the same way as would rather buy products from PriusChat and not be concern about quality of product and if it works as I know Danny will not put bad products on PriusChat site. Lots of testing has already been done with this product. I feel good about that.:rockon:

7. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You can just buy them from TWP yourself instead.... Just $60 more. No guarantee it'll be $60 less anyway, as that depends on the number of people buying them... Might not meet the quantity requirement for that discount on a certain color, so might be that price anyway.... So, If I can decide on smoked or the CR on my white Prius, I'll just go ahead and buy them directly. When you're talking about the $400 range anyway, $60 isn't anything...

8. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Has anyone every come across a pic of the CR model on the white Prius? I'm trying to decide between the smoked and the CR... I was lucky enuff that 32K pointed out the pic of the smoked on the white Prius:

[​IMG]

but I'm still trying to find a pic of the CR, since it has the white bars on it, which would make it look different on a white Prius than the pics available of just the normal red version of the tail light on a white Prius.

9. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    CR on black folks, err, Prius. Use your imagination.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If your Prius is going to look like below, I'd go with SB as it''ll give more of a subdued look while coordinating with the various black pieces and not look too busy with the Tommy Kaira rear wing, Ikki rear hatch spoiler and hood spoiler that you're planning on doing. It's bad to make it appear too busy with too many loud mods.

[​IMG]

10. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah, I'm kinda leaning toward that color more and more.... And, I agree with what you are saying about too many mods. I've seen those cars, too! lol! Will have to get my side window vent visors put on, a shark fin of some flavor, then try to stop while I'm ahead...

1 person likes this.
  11. TWP

TWP Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry Guys/Gals,

As our GB price is too low to cover fees and profits for this forum.
    Group Buy will be canceled on this forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience we caused to PC forum.

Sincerely,
    Panson

12. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Is there another place to go to purchase the lights?
    You dangled the carrot and pulled it away

13. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Danny mentioned just a few posts above he is working with a supplier to make them available in the priuschat shop.

14. justintiime

justintiime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    sucks that a bunch of us were patiently waiting for months to get this together, just to have it removed due to politics and money. No doubt they will be available through prius chat at a higher price, and with NO communication from them if you have a question or concern. SMH

15. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When there's a will there's a way. You guys are lucky. These lights are already manufactured and out there somewhere. It's just a matter of how you will get them.

I want Gen II Valenti lights BADLY.

16. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, just ran across this awesome Prius with the smoked tail lights: [​IMG]

Another shot of the smoked ones on a black Prius: [​IMG]

In comparison, the red tail lights just don't have the same impact, in my opinion: [​IMG]

Just found out today that my body kit has shipped off from Japan, so it'll be sailing over to California, then eventually freighted across to me in Florida... I can't wait to get the tail lights and the Kaira rear wing! My rear wing is already sitting at the supplier's in California, just waiting for all the other pieces to get there so it can all be freighted over here at the same time... Been having trouble getting any response from Ikki for a long time now. That's where I was getting the rear hatch spoiler and the hood bonnet/spoiler. Their website had disappeared (www.ikki-88.com); but now today I managed to find them thru Googling, and they have a new website, with a new name: IKKI [Æ’CÆ’bÆ’L] Æ’GÆ’Aƒ‚̊v–½‰ÆÂ@‚ ‚Ü‚Ë‚­‘S‚Ä‚ÌÂl‚ɈÀÂS‚µ‚ăGÆ’Aƒ‚ðŽæ‚è•t‚¯‚Ä‚à‚炦‚éŠÂ‹«‚ð‘n‚éˆ×‚É ..... Don't now why the change from "88" to "81"... Trying to do contact thru that now.. Maybe I'll have some luck.

1 person likes this.
  17. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Cool I love those ikki parts!! I was thinking about getting them also.. Can't wait to see everything together!!

1 person likes this.
  18. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I love them, too. They're like $465 each, last I checked, in case you hadn't priced them anywhere yet... I still have never received a break-down of all the items I bought, despite asking repeatedly....but that's what I was told when they had initially inquired about them for me. I had been looking for a rear wing/spoiler that was more than just these little lip things that everyone was manufacturing (why bother?), and they had the nicest one....it's sorta a whale's tale kind. But then I changed my mind from it when I accidentally stumbled across the Kaira rear wing. But, for those not wanting something as severe as the Kaira one, I think the IKKI one is BY FAR the best one out of the 50 or so that me and my supplier located from different manufacturers. I just pray to God that they answer us, cause the supplier is trying to say I'll have to go without the IKKI rear hatch spoiler (the one at the top of the glass) and the hood bonnet/spoiler and just be refunded the money for them ---- IF they don't ever answer back. Devastating! lol! So, short of flying to Japan, I'm trying everything I know to do to get them to answer about the parts! Maybe them changing their name and their website from IKKI-88 to IKKI-81 might be the reason they weren't answering at the other contact info we had...

19. ddaw215

ddaw215 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Did you ever get those pics together? Ive looked but I still am unable to scout out the flasher unit

20. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Are you looking for the unit itself or where it lies under the dash?

I just installed this unit yesterday. Very tough. Here is another thread on the task. It includes some pics on the location.