1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

gawd I hate cold weather

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by priustexasbob, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sean got to the reply before I did. It is mandated country-wide.

Not sure what the reasons are for disabling it (could be to look cool/stealthy or perhaps the thinking is that it "wastes" fuel or burns out a $20 bulb sooner).

Either way, if you run without DRL, you better be smart enough to recognise low lighting conditions and more often than not, they don't so you see a dark car whereas others, even if they don't have their parking or headlights on, at least have DRLs. In addition, a car without DRL is hidden amongst a sea of cars with DRLs (just a heads up for you Americans that are driving up to Canada). If I'm turning left, your car without lights is difficult to see. (more prevalent during the darker months. You're ok in the summer months with brighter conditions).

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    We were in Hawaii a few years back; it was disconcerting: people driving way deep into dusk, with zero lights. That and the helmetless motorcyclists. Home of the brave, lol.

3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your spell check misspelled foolish. :eek:

Mendel Leisk likes this.