1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gay Adoption

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, May 15, 2006.

1. furkidsnprius

furkidsnprius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 15 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]256019[/snapback]</div>
    It is the only example I can get easily. The fact is that while most states do allow gay adoption chances are pretty good that if you are gay or single you will get to wait a looooong time before being permitted to adopt a child (forget about trying to adopt a baby ain't gonna happen unless it has a terminal illness). It took me 4 years from start of adoption process to final adoption. A white married couple I know took 6 months from start to adoption. The example of my son is simply common for many children over the age of 5 waiting to be adopted. There are over 1000 children of school age in Massachusetts waiting for adoption, who are unlikely to be adopted simply because they are too old, too traumatized by the system. My son was only two when he first went into DSS care. Lack of adoption for older kids is a HUGE problem. Personally I think you can like/dislike whom you want to. Please don't force your limitations on others. If someone out there wants to adopt a child and improve both their lives, GO FOR IT, regardless of your preferences. It is the biggest improvement you can make for the world, IMO.

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 16 2006, 01:01 AM) [snapback]256128[/snapback]</div>

The homosexual movement has gained immense political and cultural power during the past 20 years [using]
    a mixture of in-timidation, misinformation, & lies to change laws & to gain footholds within the media, government, & oureducational system.34

What once was considered a deviant perversion, is now politically correct. Woe to those who oppose this new "rainbow" morality. Those who disagree with this new "alternative' lifestyle are called "hate-filled, intolerant, bigoted homophobes." - Stephen Bennett23 Sound familiar?
    "The homosexual movement is really an outgrowth of . . . the broader humanistic revolution that has swept this country to the point that people cannot say anything is right or wrong; everything is geared toward tolerance, and there is no truth. You are allowed to look for it, but you can't find it because then you are narrow and bigoted. It's the end game of liberalism itself that says that the individual is the sovereign authority, not God." - Robert Knight, Homosexuality in an Age of Consent31"

The power of the homosexual movement is built upon two key lies-or Urban Legends-to gain and keep its political and cultural victories. The first lie is that homosexuals are "born gay" and cannot change. The second is that "10% of the population" is homosexual and that we must encourage and protect this 10% from "discrimination."33

[T]he claim that 10% of the total population is engaged in the homosexual lifestyle is false. The most accurate recent studies show the actual figure to be 1.5 - 2%!

The gay gene - the idea that gays are born that way is being blown apart. The Boston Globe, one of the most liberal papers in all America, ran an article recently saying that lots of doubt has been cast on the gay gene. There just isn't scientific evidence for it.31

The truth is no one is born "gay" - no one. In most all cases one's homosexuality has everything to do with childhood.

It really all points back to these statments and is sad that this statement hold a certain truth in discussions as it gets repeatedly thrown up into everyones face (Those who disagree with this new "alternative' lifestyle are called "hate-filled, intolerant, bigoted homophobes." and they are the victims here and should be protected ) It hapens everytime...

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, if it came from the 'net'...discussion over, facts are facts aren't they. This is as definative of proof as we can ever get. If someone says it on the 'net' then that is fact.

Thanks Prius04 for injecting this thoughtful and educational information...and I thought all we'd ever have is conjecture.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ May 16 2006, 06:41 AM) [snapback]256159[/snapback]</div>
    Why thank you efusco, yes this info is plastered all over the net. Not just from religious right wingers, but others in the science fields etc ect. of course just because they say it on the NET doesnt mean its true but it does offer something else to be brought to the table.. :) :) :)

5. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    What percentage of the other 90% are engaged in the "heterosexual lifestyle"? Just out of interest?

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 16 2006, 06:38 AM) [snapback]256156[/snapback]</div>
    Such ignorance...and this said from a straight person.

I really LOVE how you keep using the phrase "homosexual movement." I saw the same phrase being used from a preacher on TV who was pontificating on the "feminist movement, the atheist movement, and the homosexual movement" being really, really bad for the country...

Of the three, there was only one movement--feminism. And I don't understand how the feminist movement is bad for the country.

There may be a movement for gay rights, but come on--I don't think anyone is out there trying to "turn" people gay or make people drop their religious beliefs.

In your earlier, really gargantuan response, I also love how you include medical conditions YOU say are gay problems, designed to make people shudder. Those same conditions can be found in straight people, too...why don't you add "oozing, festering pustules found on the inner labia" in 15% of straight women to top it off?

Gay adoption was the topic. If anybody is willing to provide a loving, stable home to a child who desperately needs it, then they should be allowed to. Their sexual orientation should have nothing to do with it.

I think it's the norm that kids don't see their parents as sexual beings, anyway--by choice! Think about it...when you were a child, and became forced to recognize your parents as sexual beings somewhere around puberty, didn't it make you almost gag? It did me. To this day, most of my friends joke and say that our parents had sex only the same amount of times that equals the number of children in the family.

Let's take care of the kids and leave sexual orientation out of it. B)

7. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ May 16 2006, 09:00 AM) [snapback]256191[/snapback]</div>
    Amen to that! :)

Allow me to interject a cute story:

A baby-hippopotamus that survived the tsumani waves on the Kenyan coast has formed a strong bond with a giant male century-old tortoise, in an animal facility in the port city of Mombasa.

The hippopotamus, nicknamed Owen and weighing about 300 kilograms, was swept down Sabaki River into the Indian Ocean, then forced back to shore when tsumani waves struck the Kenyan coast on Dec 26, before wildlife rangers rescued him.

"It is incredible. A-less-than-a-year-old hippo has adopted a MALE tortoise, about a century old, and the tortoise seems to be very happy with being a 'mother'," ecologist Paula Kahumbu said.

"After it was swept and lost its mother, the hippo was traumatised. It had to look for something to be a surrogate mother. Fortunately, it landed on the tortoise and established a strong bond. They swim, eat and sleep together," the ecologist added.

"The hippo follows the tortoise exactly the way it follows its mother. If somebody approaches the tortoise, the hippo becomes aggressive, as if protecting its biological mother," Kahumbu added.

"The hippo is a young baby, he was left at a very tender age and by nature, hippos are social animals that like to stay with their mothers for four years," he explained.

[attachmentid=3477]

8. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ May 16 2006, 09:31 AM) [snapback]256200[/snapback]</div>
    Careful- now the right-wingers here will get all fired up over interspecies adoption! :lol:

9. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 16 2006, 06:38 AM) [snapback]256156[/snapback]</div>
    ca-ching! Right on the money... Woe to those whom disagree...! Of course, it is intentionally constructed they way in the first place, they go on the offensive first, and attempt to place anyone who disagrees into a defensive stance... :lol:

This world would be a far better place if we dropped the "politically correct" way of doing things. Yes, some people are going to hear things they don't like, we're all adults, we can take it. :rolleyes:

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 16 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]256207[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you, I had this long reply typed up then this !@%$#*&^)(*+_- computer locked up :angry: I lost it all :(

Its not worth typing it all back :angry:

But I have all day "Its my turn in the bullpen" Im having to work a desk today... So I cant go out and play with the criminals.. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 16 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]256206[/snapback]</div>
    Of course then you have the instagators like this one, trying to stir the pot with a broken spoon... :lol:

11. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 16 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]256207[/snapback]</div>
    "We can take it"? Well, that might apply to us having to read the occasional spiteful, mindless stuff that gets posted on PriusChat. But would you say, "you can take it" to a friend of mine who was beaten outside of a bar because he is gay?

If you guys were actually interested in learning about this subject, you might try researching some genuine psychological and medical studies, instead of plastering stuff you've dredged up from the "Family Research Institute" or wherever. If you did, you would understand that homosexuality is not an "alternative lifestyle".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 16 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]256216[/snapback]</div>
    That is undoubtably the case.

12. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    What is posting a new topic on gay adoption on a Prius discussion board apart from "going on the offensive first"?

I don't see anyone posting new topics on "Republican adoption" or "Christianist adoption" or "Straight adoption" around here. Yet you bleat on about being poor, ickle persecuted "Christians". Yeah, we just gang up on you all the time and try to remove your rights. :huh: Pathetic.

13. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 16 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]256216[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry- I couldn't help correcting your misspelling of "instigators", at the risk of being labeled a liberal "spelling nazi."
    You can make all the snide remarks you wish, PriusGuy. I don't give credence to the opinions of anyone who thinks that it's hysterically funny when 200 Nigerian villagers are killed in a pipeline explosion.

14. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 16 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]256223[/snapback]</div>

Hey, hit the brakes there... That's over the top, of course I wouldn't say "you can take it" to your example... :rolleyes: Sheesh man... How many times have I made the assertion just because you don't like something, does not mean you're prejudiced, bigoted, immature, whatever (even though Doc. attempted to frame such titles because of personal spite, but that's another issue). Didn't I repeatedly state I would not vote against gay marriage, or adoption? If anything, that clearly says I can put a proper ideal above and beyond any dislike I might have, yeah, I'm not "down" with the gay way, big deal, they're not exactly "down" with the hetero way are they? It's funny how many of you gloss over these obvious details, I think you're all just looking for a good bitching match! :p

15. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 16 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]256228[/snapback]</div>
    Again name calling, and stirring the pot with your broken spoon, perfect example I publicly apologized for my statement in that thread. but in typical fashion you throw it out there and smear it in my face. larkinmj are you gay? do you have deep seated issues against everyone that doesnt read from the same book as you do?? have we offended your orientation in regards to this thread?

Again Im not trying to offend you larkinmj, as you are trying to do to me but mearly asking a question?

Its funny to see how bent out of shape some people get when they dont read out of the same book or eat the same food. as all the rest here do.. My postings have offered an unbised view from both sides to the topic. as unbised as I can find with out having the perverbial brown ring on the tip of my nose..

16. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 16 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]256223[/snapback]</div>
    nahhh... why do that when someone else has already formed your opinion for you, so all you have to do is copy and paste from a website?

you'll find very quickly that (1) scientific literature is very difficult for the average layman and often ignored or misinterpreted, which is demonstrated in many cases on this very site (2) the majority of scientific citations here came from biased websites that cited that same literature, in many cases using the numbers out of context, and upon reading the actual article the original argument is rendered invalid.

you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. you can lead a layman to science but you can't make him care about the real facts if he prefers to live in his own parallel world.

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 16 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]256237[/snapback]</div>
    I have to admit Galaxee you are correct, scientific literature is very difficult for the average layman and often ignored or misinterpreted, which is demonstrated in many cases on this very site from both sides of the coin...

the majority of scientific citations here came from biased websites that cited that same literature, in many cases using the numbers out of context, and upon reading the actual article the original argument is rendered invalid. this may be true, but its hard to find a website that runs the middle of the road most sites are veering to the left or the right.... ;)

18. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 16 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]256232[/snapback]</div>
    Not that it is any of your g_ddamn business, but no I am not gay. Nor am I black, female, Muslim, disabled, etc. Nevertheless, I am outraged when people post hateful, ignorant, vile characterizations of people who are. Do you only care about people who are like you?

You just seem to have a natural talent for that.

Yeah, right.

19. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 16 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]256244[/snapback]</div>

See perfect example ^

I am outraged when people post hateful, ignorant, vile characterizations of people who are. this is what you read into the posting. Do you only care about people who are like you? No I hate everyone equally, what a concept! "An Equal Opportunity Hater" <_< :lol:
    J/K

As for offending you, again what you read and what you get out of what you read, is all up to you ;)

It seems the running excuse throughout this forum is show me scientifically, other wise its bogus info. :huh:

Hmmmmm B)

20. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This post has been edited/ removed due to it was off topic..