1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gay Adoption

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, May 15, 2006.

1. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 16 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]256295[/snapback]</div>
    Jan Larson...a neocon apple to eat under the guise of "knowledge." Sounds like something out of Eden.

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Jan Larson...a neocon apple to eat under the guise of "knowledge." Sounds like something out of Eden. Yeppers but its amazing to see most of what she states you all are spouting in multiple posts. :lol: :lol:

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    this post has been edited/ removed by myself
    as It may be inciteful and off topic.

4. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 16 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]256421[/snapback]</div>
    So much for actual debate. Now I know...PriusGuy is truly a big ol' doofus. And apparently an unemployed big ol' doofus that has too much time on his hands. Why don't you go out and play a good game of "kick the homeless" or golf, whichever one you feel like doing today? If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. [Matthew 19:21] I guess this one doesn't fly with you, does it?

It's at times like these that Jesus does help...who I do study, btw, in addition to the Buddha, Mohammed, and other founders of religion. Love your neighbor as yourself. .[Matthew 22:39] But I'm finding it a true test right now...

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    eh, ignore it livelychick.

fecklessness and inanity don't deserve acknowledgement. i've thought of a number of inflammatory remarks i could post in reply but it's not worth it.

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 16 2006, 04:04 PM) [snapback]256455[/snapback]</div>
    aw c'mon!

:(

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 16 2006, 04:04 PM) [snapback]256455[/snapback]</div>
    I agree. At least as long as PriusGuy is busy typing away his cute little rants against liberalism, he isn't off doing something worse like blowing up a Nigerian village.

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you mean copying and pasting ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 16 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]256457[/snapback]</div>
    dude, i'm not about to start a war here, though i know you'd thoroughly enjoy the results

9. livelychick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks. You're right. I'm just glad I didn't heave my laptop out the window.

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :) Its nice to see, some people can show restraint :)

11. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

You guys are vicious! I thought this was the gay adoption thread, so I hope I'm not off topic.

So quickly this are my thoughts on that topic (does anyone give a s***)

I was bounced around from home to home and Canada and the US until I was four and then luckily landed with the two greatest parents you can imagine. Now its true he was a big time alchy and she was truly mentally unstable at times. We never had two nickels to rub together but I've had such a fantastic life and I owe it to them. So it is true that somewhat dysfunctional families can eventually get together, prosper and have a great life.

I never thought of it then, but thinking back if they were my two daddy's I would be disgusted, ashamed and embarrassed when I found out why the bed was banging at night. On the other hand if it were my two mommies I may have gotten excited by it. I don't really know, however kids are pretty resiliant and suffer embarrassment and revulsion in many normal marriages also.

I think personally I would rather get bounced from home to home or institution rather than being raised by a gay couple, but that also would depend on the gays. Its possible to imagine that as a very positive experience.

Who the * knows?? I am not smart or wise enough to make laws going either way.

12. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

I take that back I am smart and wise enough to make an adoption law, it goes like this:

Anyone adult male, or female may adopt a child to raise. However, they are responsible for that childs welfare and any abuse whatsoever lands them in prison for ten years. If it is sexual abuse they also get their genitals cut off. Male or Female.

Any amendments?