1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 1 Headlight Assembly ?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Nelsonprius, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Nelsonprius

Nelsonprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Is anyone selling a used driver side headlight assembly or know where to get a cheap foggy one for a Gen 1? Will a 2002 Echo headlight roughly fit in the space ?

2. Sandy Meyers

Sandy Meyers Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Nelson, I was trying to locate a set for mine a couple of years ago with no luck. I ended up simply buffing out what I had. I hope you locate some or an alternate supply. Very curious what you come up with as I’d like to acquire a new set.

Here’s an FYI for you. When I had the lights out to do an inverter pump replacement I also changed out the standard halogen bulbs and upgraded to an LED. It did require a rearranging of the baffle and some waterproof silicone since the bulb was larger. You can see the difference in light here from driver to passenger side. One side light is buffed with LED replacement, the other is not.

Attached Files:

ronlewis likes this.
  3. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    There are hundreds of them available from dismantlers. I see prices for cloudy ones at $20. Car-parts.com

4. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A