1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 1 Prius MFD Part Numbers

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by RW5207, Dec 14, 2015.

1. RW5207

RW5207 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Are there multiple part numbers for the MFD on my 2002 Prius? Is there a "navigation" display and a "low-res" display? If so, does anyone know what those part numbers are and if I can swap out my non-navigation display for one that had navigation?

Thanks...Russ

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    As far as I know, it's the same MFD, you just add the nav unit (mounts under the passenger seat) and the antenna (goes up near the instrument cluster) and they plug right in if the wiring was already included in the harness, otherwise you acquire some wire harnesses and do some splicing to make it work.

Check for posts on the subject by one mlibanio ... he's the authority. It seemed like you can probably get the system up and running for about, oh, eight or ten times the price of a nice Garmin....

-Chap

3. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't even think about trying to fix or convert a Gen1 to have factory Nav. That system blows! Buy a Garmin, TomTom, or just use your smartphone.

bwilson4web likes this.