1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 1 Prius project car

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by co_otter, May 17, 2019.

1. co_otter

co_otter New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all - I just wanted to say "hi" and thanks for this forum!

I bought a Gen1 Prius (2003) from a friend for $600 because all it needs is a new traction battery and a new 12v battery - he's put a lot of $ into it over the last couple years and is just tired of repairs. I don't mind doing repairs on a "project car" which my two teenage sons will also drive.

Reading the posts on this forum encouraged me that I could do these things. I'm not at all afraid of electricity or computers as I'm a computer guy professionally and have done a fair bit of car work in the past - I was just worried about the costs and cascading repairs but it seems like a good choice right now.

I certainly never thought I'd own a Prius as a "project car", LOL. Current other vehicles:
    2010 Honda Insight (so I'm used to hybrids to some extent)
    2015 Ford Edge Sport
    2016 Honda Odyssey

At some point I'll update if this was a big mistake, but in the meantime - thanks either way!

SFO and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! if you have another available vehicle, it should be a fun project. all the best!(y)