1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 base model 2007 how are the tweeters wired through the front speakers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lunarkingdom, Mar 5, 2023.

1. lunarkingdom

lunarkingdom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey,

Putting my new stereo system together on paper and I read a couple threads about the front speakers are wired through the tweeters first then the front door speakers. It was not clarified if there is a crossover separating the frequencies in the stock wiring or how they work, can anyone shed some light on what's in my doors so I can order what I need to upgrade the tweeters and the 6.5 inch speakers? If you guys know how deep the speakers front and rear doors can go it would be a big help in my picking the right speakers. I already have the 4 channel amp, 100 watts per channel class D amp I am going to use.

Thanks!

2. lunarkingdom

lunarkingdom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. Kristenbluefin

Kristenbluefin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm pretty sure it sends them separate frequencies. I changed all my speakers a while back and wasn't really happy with the results I think partially due to the wiring setup and also I probably need to upgrade the head unit....I don't think it puts out enough power. Everything sounds pretty good unless I turn it up too loud and then the highs sound terrible. Not sure how much this will help, but it's all I know.

4. Rational

Rational Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Interesting question. Did you ever get an answer or figure it out?

I was thinking I was going to rerun all my speakers direct to my new aftermarket head unit anyway for better SQ audio. This what you might do or have already done?