1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Gen 2 HV battery built using 2015 modules. $950

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by TMR-JWAP, Jun 3, 2019.

1. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Up for your consideration is another Gen 2 HV Battery built with modules with a manufacturing date code of June 09, 2015. These were sourced from a wrecked 2015 Prius with approximately 30k miles.

As always:
    1. All modules were fully tested prior to assembly. Manufacture date code 096Q 9th day of June, 2015
    2. NEW Toyota voltage sensing wire harness and busbars
    3. New main cables
    4. New safety plug harness/cables.
    5. GUARANTEED for 3 YEARS.
    6. This battery will fit any 2004-2009 Prius.
    Fully tested after assembly by installing in my 2007 for several days. It has been removed from my car and is now on the shelf, ready to go to a new owner.

I was able to purchase the "wreck" battery at a pretty reasonable cost and was present while it was being removed from the car. I'm happy to pass the savings on to the next person. This battery is available for $950 + your old battery. This includes driving to your location (within 4 hours of Columbia, SC), installation and testing.

Feel free to contact me if there are any questions.

IMG_3385.JPG IMG_3387.JPG IMG_3392.JPG

maleko, chelvis, royrose and 2 others like this.
  2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That looks like a great deal!! The one I got had 2015 cells as well. It was somewhat more but it was before Toyota lowered their price on new ones and it was two years newer. Still, a heck of a bargain, imho.

Data Daedalus likes this.
  3. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Jerry wasn't yours several years ago ? This battery is now 5 years old. I'd say this battery is worth a risk at $600 today.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, mine was in May, 2017. This looks like a great deal to me. And virtually no risk whatsoever considering who put it together and that it's a full, matched set of cells. Two years ago a battery with cells the same age would have been over $1,000. Absolutely worth the extremely low risk.

SFO likes this.
  5. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Manufacture date codes are June 9th, 2015. Factory installed in new car probably within 2 months, so looking at first use somewhere around August 2015. Battery was removed from wrecked car about a month ago, so probably safe to assume the car had been out of commission for 6-12 months while going through the wreck/insurance/auction/acquisition routine. The car probably had 3 years of use on it, which makes sense for the miles.....but, no big deal.

Look around and price what the big rebuilders are charging. There's plenty of threads on the forum of people paying 1200-1500+ to have a rebuilt battery installed by a "come to you" business. Do you think those batteries are built using June 9, 2015 manufactured modules? Do you think they have all NEW wire harnesses/cables? Do you think they're tested in a car for a week or two? I'm pretty sure there's upcharge if you want that....The majority of failures I'm seeing are 2005-2007. That puts the OEM batteries around 12-14 years old. There's no reason at all that this battery shouldn't last until the 2027 -2030 range. This battery is effectively the last one that a Gen 2 owner will ever need to have installed in their car, and is certainly more reliable than 99% of the others that are out there being sold.

Wait until you guys see my test results from the Dorman battery I just repaired. And if I remember right, it's modules are coded for late 2003 or early 2004. You guys have seen the TV commercial where the 75 year old guy looks like superman? It's going to blow your minds. I honestly don't know if anyone's going to believe it................tried to load the screen captures from my phone but had problems getting the computer to recognize phone. Hopefully just a bad cord. I'll find out tonight. I think I'll make a whole new thread to cover the cycling/testing of those modules.

I'll make that thread for test results. Maybe we can get a string of results from various vehicles, old, new, rebuilt, whatever
    I would say anyone with a Dr Prius app or Hybrid Assistant app, please do a battery test. Post your battery history (OEM, factory replacement, rebuild etc) and what the results are. I'll get the Dr Prius app so I can post that along with my Hybrid Assistant app results.

#5 TMR-JWAP, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    maleko, chelvis, SFO and 1 other person like this.
  6. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
  7. John Cusick Jr

John Cusick Jr New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Boy, I sure wish we were closer distance wise...GREAT DEAL!!

8. maleko

maleko Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hey guys, I was fortunate enough to snatch up this heck of deal this weekend that just so happened to work out with the timing of my 2008 Prius needing a new HV pack. I will be forever thankful the PriusChat forums hooked me up with this amazing deal when I really needed it. Thank you @TMR-JWAP for your incredible service! Cheers! (y)

Raytheeagle, chelvis and davecook89t like this.