1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 Leather touring seats Vs cloth seats - comfortability comparison?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Phantommeance309, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Phantommeance309

Phantommeance309 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    so i have a 2005 model with cloth seats, and found a deal for a set of what I would say is decent shape factory leather seats for 100 usd dollars a seat. I am just wondering if it is even worth it to swap leather seats into my car.

I am curious of a comfortability comparison, are they just the same seats with a different material? Does anybody who’s had both notice any real difference?

The reason for swapping is I am 6 ft tall, about 185 pounds and use this car about 6 days a week doing Uber eats as a side job. I’ve got pretty bad c-spine and lumbar spine pain from prior injuries and these seats are just not helping that. Also, me scooting around in these cloth seats generates a lot of static and because I am in and out of the car 20 times a day I am pretty much guaranteed to get shocked every time I touch something metal… which also is driving me crazy

Any help or advice is appreciated and thank you for your time!

2. Brucetafer

Brucetafer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have both, the cloth gets trashed super easy, especially if its the grey color.. comfort wise I wouldn't say the "leather" isn't any better.. depending on where you live as well makes a world of difference.. Im in Florida and my god the amount of times I've Yelled after getting in and burning my legs is hard to count.. but the cloth to me is more comfortable, especially after the years the "leather" gets hard and shrinks making it less comfy..

in my opinion you won't like it especially for that cost.. I would get a nice lumbar insert and a non static cover (look at big rig seats) and save yourself a couple bucks..

Phantommeance309 likes this.