1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 Light Bar Install Help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Luke Dice, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Luke Dice

Luke Dice New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello everyone,

I am in the process of installing an LED light bar for the front of my Prius. See pictures of materials below.

I keep running into issues.
    1. It seems impossible to run the switch wire through the firewall into the cabin.
    2. Even if I could, the 12v battery is in the back of the car.

I tried to hook up my positive wire to the engine fuse box where you are supposed to jump the car, but the vehicle would die after use. Am I allowed to do this but just doing it wrong? Is there a way for me to get power from the front fuse box?

Does anyone know how I can get power to the front of the car or run a wire through the firewall? Thank you for your help!
    upload_2022-7-14_23-54-32.png upload_2022-7-14_23-55-2.png

2. csutton7

csutton7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just ran across your request. I was planning on doing the same thing, except the plan was to use the power currently going to the fog lights. (switch is already on the turn signal stalk) After reading your experience, now I'm questioning if that will work.

2Fats likes this.
  3. 2Fats

2Fats Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Crud, I'm about to put in some offroad lights on mine. It looks like the wiring is going to be more fun than I expected.

4. jmkarstetter

jmkarstetter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have a couple of these set up on my other vehicles, no need to run the hardness into the cabin. With this you could potentially just run the wiring straight to the front from under the car. Might be beneficial to find something that has 12v always going to it and tap into that, then you can use it any time you want, and even turn it on from outside the vehicle.

I plan on setting up something soon for my new to me 2007, so I'll be researching it more soon.

Can't post links yet, so here is what to search amazon for.

B07DCKVZ24