1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 on Gen 3 wheels

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by hyp3rmil3r, May 22, 2020.

1. priusdonegal

priusdonegal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    @DutchPrius - wheels at the ready here. Almost there - getting new springs and shocks in before fitting. A question about your roofbars - much wind noise? I have genuine Toyota Gen 2 roof bars and have them fitted as per instructions so in the right place and wind noise is huge. What make have you on there and is road noise bad?

Attached Files:

DutchPrius likes this.
  2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was able to weigh the Subaru wheels posted above in post #10, after removing the tires, on my bathroom scale.

16.7 lbs (internet 16.5 lbs)

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Sanchan and SFO like this.
  3. DutchPrius

DutchPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice!! Sorry for the late reply...

Roof bars are Thule. In my opinion the best brand you can get. These are Thule Wingbar 969 (127cm), bought them (new in the box) second hand for €40 and used them on my Skoda Scala first. After buying the Prius I bought a second hand set with the 754 foot pack including kit set 1345 for €45 including a set of Round bars and sold them for a nice prize later on.

Wind sound is hardly noticeable and also with a box on top (Thule Ocean 100), you don't notice it at all. Went to Italy and drove around 3000 km, no excessive noise noticed.

In NL we have a huge second hand market and you would be nuts to buy new... I always check if someone is selling in the neighborhood (or have it sent by post for €7), just need to have some patience but you'll find it eventually and for a very nice prize.