1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Gen 2 Prius Hybrid battery cell/module

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by LaCajun 25, Jan 29, 2021.

1. LaCajun 25

LaCajun 25 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    $10/cell or discount for entire pack. Local pickup Dallas, TX. Shipping is an option at your cost.

I changed by hybrid battery in May with new cells from Newpriusbatteries.com.

The new cells work great and I recommend going this route. However, if you’re looking to just replace a few cells and go the reconditioning route, I have them for you. I only had one cell that was out of spec based on readings from Dr. Prius

These cells were from a replaced hybrid battery that I swapped out in 2018 (while reconditioned pack). I am not the original owner, so, I do not know the history of these cells.

Side note - I am donating my 2006 Prius to Kera.org but if someone wants to buy it or part it out, let me know (have probably 3 days before it gets picked up)

Car was maintained and has normal wear /tear, few scrapes. New tires (~3k miles) new hybrid battery cells) dashboard lights are Brake, ((!)) and abs. Probably needs to have cv boot changed. Odometer 138.8k miles.

I don’t know the error codes but suspect brake actuator replacement needed. IMG_5392.jpg

iPhone ?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'd buy it from you, but I would need to tow it back to CA

#2 JC91006, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. LaCajun 25

LaCajun 25 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Send me a pm if truly interested. The car still runs, it just has the dashboard lights glaring at you. Have not noticed any braking issues. Truthfully, it’s probably using the ICE more than it should /was designed for. Hard to say as I’m usually going 80+ here in Texas. I’ve done the drive to LA many times, I would just take it a bit slower to be safe.

If I was 10-20 years younger, I’d go through the process of fixing it up and run it for another 100k. But I lack the time and desire. Plus, here in Texas, I feel like people are overly aggressive towards Prius drivers.

iPhone ?

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The PM function is not working for some reason. Please send me an email at [email protected]

Raytheeagle likes this.