1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 Prius nav directions not working correctly.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by LINGARAJU GOTTUMUKKALA, Aug 24, 2020.

1. LINGARAJU GOTTUMUKKALA

LINGARAJU GOTTUMUKKALA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2005 Prius, had this nagging issue for years but used other sources for my needs, in 2014 I brought the 13.1 map DVD and since then when I drive in countryside i get message that "turn by turn directions not available and please use directional arrows and straight line distances to reach your destination" even though it shows the black line on the screen for the road I am on but won't tell me, before I had the new DVD it never showed those streets once I got that message, and I am not sure what is going on, went through all settings but can't find any to fix this issue, my job requires lots of countryside driving and phone signal is spotty to use Google maps and I don't want to invest for another standalone nav, anyone had this experience and found a fix, thank you.

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Stand alone Garmins are cheap, work much better and now have free map updates.

And you do not have to have a continuous cell signal to use the GPS app on a phone.
    It is a "real" GPS, it just doesn't keep the whole map loaded all the time.