1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 T3 - Starting Issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Moralcrusader, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Moralcrusader

Moralcrusader Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've recently had an intermittent issue getting the car started as follows -

The car unlocks, but no dash lights are on. Putting the key in the slot and pushing the start button has no effect and the car is basically dead. However after 5-10mins, the car seemed to burst into life on its own an could be started as usual. This has happened twice in the last week, but the car has otherwise been normal.

First time, the car was being started from overnight, second time, the car had been sat for about 90mins.

12v battery was changed a year ago - checked today and found good with plenty of charge.

When the car was finally started, the clock had reset, but the radio pre-set channels were still present.

100,000m service was carried out at Toyota in December with no issues.

One other issue - had a headlight changed due to opiacity. This was done in late December and I think the headlight now has a loose connection and will not turn on when the other one does - however giving it a bit of a thump, or driving over a bump will get it working.

Any suggestions on what the cause of this non-starting issue might be would be appreciated. The car has been 100% reliable and has never let me down since I bought it in 2014, so its a bit of a shame it's doing so now, just when I've spent a load of money on it!!

2. Priuslover09

Priuslover09 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I would go back to the dealership and get the codes