1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 Touchscreen DIY

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jeff606, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Jeff606

Jeff606 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just reinstalled touchscreen unit for second time. 2009 Prius touring edition, 372,000 miles. I found a place in Arizona that fixes the unit economically with a good warranty. I’m getting good at taking the dash apart, I had to repair the combo-meter to replace the capacitor.

Unfortunately, when the unit was in Az, it worked perfectly. Back in my dash, not so good. I did spray the connectors with a cleaning spray (for electronics) paying special attention to the connectors with red wires, and the one blue connector whose wires were totally wrapped. No joy. I’m not sure where the ‘touch’ part of the touch screen gets its power, but I suspect this is where the problem lies.

My unit lights up, the steering wheel buttons all work, I just can’t get the touch to respond for things like the climate and map. This is the 7 button unit that was top of the line in 2009. Any ideas? Thanks, Jeff