1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

gen 2 windshield washer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by donzoh1, Nov 23, 2020.

1. donzoh1

donzoh1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My gen 2 has is very weak in windshield wash mode. Each nozzle produces several streams but they are of such low velocity that they barely reach the bottom edge of the windshield. Is this most likely a clog/blockage or is it a pump malfunction? If it’s a clog, i’m thinking it’s in the initial tubing segments.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    yes... it's all about cleaning the nozzles thoroughly inside and out...

3. donzoh1

donzoh1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    After thoroughly cleaning the washer nozzles, changing washer fluid, and confirming correct function of washer motors, I still could not restore washer function. I did try the washer with the hood in the up position and function was perfect, although driving with the hood up is not a viable option. I looked closely at the fluid tube between the reservoir and the firewall. This tube had a slight kink that restricted fluid flow when the hood was down. Washer function had been between zero and maybe 5 percent, depending on how badly kinked the fluid line was. I pulled a little more tubing out of the fender and now it functions perfectly.