1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 3 engine swap questions.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by wtlewsii, Mar 10, 2023.

1. wtlewsii

wtlewsii New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I bought a 2012 as a tax time project and ordered a JDM engine from Japan. The problem I have is I have some hoses I’m confused about. I made the mistake of not marking them well. So here are my questions:

1. Throttle body heater hoses where do they connect. I’m sure I have them connected wrong.
    2. Aux Inverter water pump once again where do they connect.

3. How much power can I pull from the 12v charging system? I have 55w AC Xeon headlights HI/Lo, 55w AC Xeon Fogs and the LED DRL blinker pods that I wired when I replaced the bumper cover. Everything else is stock.

Pictures would be great.

The car runs great after the engine swap. I do have a yawl sensor error that I haven’t figured out. Part of the dash is blacked out as well.

I currently have a 2013 with 44k and a 2012 with 200k. I don’t want to tear into the 2013 I’d rather just ask for help and admit I made a mistake.

In full disclosure I have another account on here however I’m locked out of it and unable to reset the password. I never receive a reset email. SN- Delemi

Attached Files: