1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 3 height of front bumper to ground

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by GaryD1, Oct 20, 2015.

1. GaryD1

GaryD1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I guess I could go out and measure, but someone may know off the top of there head? I hear the gen 4 is a little over 6 inches. This is a concern to me on the 2016 because I have already replaced 3 front bumpers, yes 3 of them. I hit 2 raccoon and one medium in exit drive at restaurant. They were just small cracks but insurance paid for them all. I usually hit about one a year. It could have been a deer that would be worst. I mean, there is road kill laying in roads that are close to 6 inches, that might be a problem cracking bumpers.

2. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've not had a problem with roadkill yet, but I've had issues with parking stoppers that are too high or sidewalks at strip malls. :mad:

GaryD1 likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    One gotcha with those concrete parking lot wheel stops: they're often secured with a couple of rebar "nails" into the ground. Our son drove up to one of those a few months back, where one of the rebar was protruding about 5", made a nice mess.

4. GaryD1

GaryD1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ok, I went out and measured our 2011 prius and got 7.5 inches from bumper to the concrete carport. The 2016 Prius video said they measured 6.1 inches. The Gen 4, 2016 is about 1 1/2 inches lower. This will sure get those concrete parking lot stops fir sure!

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I doubt there's much difference. That 1.5" lower is likely at the engine underpanel, not at the front bumper.

6. GaryD1

GaryD1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    well in the Live Periscope video Danny put on in Gen 4 section, about 3 min into video. The guy says from the front bumper to the ground, someone just measured and it was 6.1 inches. I hope its not that low.

Mendel Leisk likes this.