1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

gen 3 mfd calibration

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by beep beep beep, Jun 8, 2017.

1. beep beep beep

beep beep beep New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    IMG_1478.JPG
    hello prius chat!

i woke up one day and my 2010 prius mfd calibration was way off

after searching the forums for some time i found the '07 prius easter egg topic regarding how to access the diagnostic menu. the headlight trick got me to the function check / setting menu, where i was able to access the touch switch settings, which verify that my mfd screen calibration is way way off. however, the info + headlight trick noted for the gen 2's doesn't work to access the deeper menu where it would allow me to fix the display's calibration...

how to i recalibrate the display with a gen 3? any help would be much appreciated.

cheers
    -m​

2. Aires

Aires Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've run into the same problem. I contacted my local dealer since the problem started appearing days after a check up/oil change/tire rotation, and I thought maybe they disconnected the battery and something didn't reset or get configured correctly when they reconnected. The dealer said that doesn't happen, and they didn't remove the battery for my service anyway. So, I'm willing to believe that my prius is just aging.

I researched this and found the same configuration/Easter egg you did. I don't find any calibration screen. I've tried all kinds on things... Nothing. This unit, the jbl e7022 is manufactured by Denso. I couldn't locate a manual online either.

One thought is that the screen may have a digitizer that doesn't require calibration... That the digitizer is just failing. After a few days of fiddling, my screen-touch alignment has gotten worse. I'm not sure how.

I really wish there was a solution to this, or a clearer idea of what's happened. Is it possible to replace the digitizer and/or screen? Is the whole unit going bad? What are the typical options? At this point, I'm sure I'm not spending a few $1000 to replace the unit.

One last note. The dealer said they'd check the navigation unit and try to fix it for $61. I have a feel that's a waste of time and $61 to hear them say the unit is shot... But I'm still contemplating.

3. Aires

Aires Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've run into the same problem. I contacted my local dealer since the problem started appearing days after a check up/oil change/tire rotation, and I thought maybe they disconnected the battery and something didn't reset or get configured correctly when they reconnected. The dealer said that doesn't happen, and they didn't remove the battery for my service anyway. So, I'm willing to believe that my prius is just aging.

I researched this and found the same configuration/Easter egg you did. I don't find any calibration screen. I've tried all kinds on things... Nothing. This unit, the jbl e7022 is manufactured by Denso. I couldn't locate a manual online either.

One thought is that the screen may have a digitizer that doesn't require calibration... That the digitizer is just failing. After a few days of fiddling, my screen-touch alignment has gotten worse. I'm not sure how. In fact, I was thinking maybe some screen I was in li

4. Aires

Aires Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    One last item. I also have a 2010 Prius and my mac system has the GPS, 4-cd, satellite, Bluetooth touch screen unit.

5. spyderr911

spyderr911 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I too am having issues with my touch screen. On my Gen 3 Prius, my touch screen only works on the top half of the screen. I can get to the first hidden menu (just like OP), but can't figure out how to get to the 2nd hidden menu; Product Diagnosis menu.

Has anyone figured out how to do it? I have tried doing the 7 touch trick (i.e. top-left, bottom-left, top-left, bottom-left, top-left, bottom-left, bottom-right), and have tried holding INFO and turning my lights on and off multiple times to no avail. Instructions for these hidden menus on the Gen 2 don't work for the Gen 3 either.

I can tell from the Touch Switch menu that the top half of my screen is calibrated perfectly, but the bottom half of the screen shows all touches at the very very bottom. This means I can't use FM presets aside from the top 2 rows. I can't add new phones to the car for bluetooth music.

I won't consider replacing the digitizer or head unit, when I know a simple calibration is all it needs.

Thanks in advance for your help!!