1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 3 Prius 2 HVAC Issues?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Aps1520105, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Aps1520105

Aps1520105 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Having an issue with my AC. It seems reduced airflow of cold air primary at the two main front center vents with Full blast AC ON. The side vents on Driver and Passenger are blowing cold air just fine. I've also noticed when the AC turned on for several for serval minutes( with mode to blow are the face), my car automatically goes into the mode where the front vents AND windshield vents both turn on. I would have to reselect the button for the front vents again just to get the air to stop blowing at the windshield. Otherwise on hot days my front windshield would start to fog up like crazy. Has anyone else had this kind of issue? The car only has 75k on it. Would a mode or blend actuator seriously start failing? Also, I am confused on mode and blend door actuator. I've seen Seanauto on YouTube discuss replacing blend door actuator. I really don't want to be taking the whole front dash and glove apart just to replace it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!