1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 3 Prius Lifting Springs Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by black_jmyntrn, Aug 18, 2022.

1. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi there, Ive tried to contact someone regarding how I can host the Groupbuy for a full set of lifting springs for the Gen 2 prius. Between this forum and the other places online, I am sure we can get the minimum number of participants and have the springs ready in roughly 90 days. Group buys price would be less than $400 for a full set of four springs.

These springs would provide enough lift to not have the rear sag and handle additional weight over OEM springs; progressive rate springs. The springs are great for those who don't want to be "lifted" and even out the stance, and allow those with lift kits to install the springs for an additional lift! The springs are modeled off the PHEV rear springs and made my PHEV feel almost Lexus-like in the way it was smooth, yet it felt tight as in sporty around the corners.

I am pushing Koni to make some of their heavy-duty shocks for the rear but facing some resistance, will keep you all posted.
    DJI_0163-01.jpeg
    this is mine but ts really lifted, I've been learning lots about the suspension on these cars! Toyota prius lift kit with almost a foot of ground clearance

2. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  3. LARRYG36

LARRYG36 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds great, our rear spring have been shot for years. when I get around to it i was going to do spacers on the rear. New taller spring would be great.

4. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    just let me know your ideal height increase. I know what the max spring size is, they are on my car plus the 1.5" lift, and no issues this far. That said we have an ideal height in mind just want to see what the majority says then will have a vote on the color before end of the DJI_0163-01.jpeg month.

5. Priipriii

Priipriii Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are these springs actually used in a different car?

6. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    no, they are made specifically for the Prius.

7. NoReally

NoReally New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Scam. Jimmy is PriusOverlanding and he'll take your money and wont give it back.

8. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You know... I accept responsibility for your delayed order and lack of communication. I felt my transparency and proof of my words to you during the phone call we had in which I called to express how shitty I felt and might possibly have a set lingering around in my storage for your vehicle. My memory recalls letting you know your order was in a batch with others where the drop shipper delayed by over a month, and even showed you their response that they would ship. After having multiple owners tell me about your post(here we are a second time now) on FB and now here, I find myself in a similar situation again where not all details were shared at my expense. When there is a new account created, clearly an attempt at internet shaming me, these days I just brush it off my shoulder as I know I am not how the vocal ones described me, and sure... I didn't return your call, my apologies there... too much going on these days. Also if I'm not mistaken, a few days after my failed return of the call, I told you I would do, is when I was contacted by the AG(whom I've had a few calls with to ensure my transparency is heard and if it ever came down to something with courts and whoever with them involved, they won't miss any details about our conversations) on your behalf.

Personally, I'd like to think it didn't need to come to that, not that it's your responsibility at all to call me back or text after I said I would reach out... just... I don't think you did follow up else, I would have had a memory jogging. Heck, I believe what we discussed was, that if I didn't have the springs in storage(which I did have just.) and was not able to send them, I was not opposed to a refund. Also, believe it was mentioned let me see where I get at locating the extra box of springs before we get to that as it might not matter if I could get them out to you. That said, hope all is well, thank you for your support and patience. You will still receive the store credit voucher as our apologies for the hiccup and delay on your order!

The Gen 2 Prius Sub Frame Spacers are NOW available and the Rear Shock Extenders should be in my hands by the end of this week or next!

https://priusoverlanding.com/product/2004-2009-toyota-prius-subframe-drop-spacer-kit-gen-2-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009/
    upload_2023-10-30_18-13-56.png
    It's been interesting seeing folks go out of their way to tell people their opinions. A common thread with them is they all end up linking with those who are pushing this AG thing... the bright side? well, I hope it stays this way, most of the bad reviews were all orders from 2022... I've been working extra hard to ensure none are from 2023 and beyond!

9. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  10. ZBrink

ZBrink Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Are you still in business? I am interested in a set of rear springs for my 2010 Prius in order to increase the amount of luggage weight coupled with better stability.

black_jmyntrn likes this.
  11. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'm not saying *anything* other than "an informed consumer is a smart consumer."

Search for black_jmyntrn and Prius Overlanding in this forum.

black_jmyntrn has made his position clear.
    Others have made their position clear.

A word to the wise: read everything and then decide.

Again, this post takes no sides. It is merely a suggestion to do some research.

Hybrid Ron and w84me like this.
  12. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Oh yes, we are! Aside from the wise guy comments around these parts, we most definitely are and thriving thanks to the love and support from those like Johnny Sweetcheeks Cupcakes.

13. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I love your support Johnny! It lets me know I'm doing well for myself when I have tender love from members such as yourself! Keep up the good work bud!

14. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hey there fellow Gen 3 Prius enthusiasts!

Just wanted to share some exciting news – I've been proudly cruising around in the tallest lifted Gen 3 Prius in America throughout 2023 and now into 2024. Contrary to the common belief that anything taller than 1.5" is a no-go for the Prius, I'm here to debunk that myth and prove that going off the pavement is totally doable!

I've personally experienced the joy of breaking free from urban legends, and I believe others can achieve the same. There's a whole bunch of facts and insights they might not share with you, and I'm here to spill the beans.

Unfortunately, there are some out there trying to rain on my parade, attempting to sugar coat their words just to tarnish the awesome community we're building. But fear not, I'm here to set the record straight.

I'm genuinely passionate about our Prius adventures, and I hope to meet like-minded folks, perhaps characters like Johnny, in person one day. Although, there's this concern that some internet dwellers might prefer hiding in the shadows like cockroaches. Let's hope they'll step into the light someday and be held accountable for their online words. Until then, let's keep enjoying our Prius journeys! ✨

This video is for you Johnny! It sounds like you've got a lot to learn about life little grasshoppa!