1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 4 Brake Failure

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by captqc, Nov 25, 2022.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! nice to hear some dealers are still offering discounts. was ther much inventory available?

2. captqc

captqc Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    They actually had a couple of them on their lot. The one I bought was a manager special so it was the only one that was offered for under MSRP.

bisco likes this.
  3. PaulDM

PaulDM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    I know that you have resolved your issue by changing up to a Prius Prime, but i have a comment.
    I found that the with my 2022 if the road surface was damp or “mildly moist” the car breaking was very scary, in most cases i thought is was going to rear end the guy in front. this was caused by the horrible stock tyres that came with the vehicle. The onboard “anti-slip” detectors were overcompensating and effectively denying brake power.
    i switched out the tyres for some better boots and no issues in slippery conditions since.
    Probably not the same issue as yours but certainly the same symptom..

4. captqc

captqc Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    That’s in the realm of what I was thinking but all my force on the brake pedal wouldn’t stop the car. I mentioned almost exactly what you said to the dealership but it came to nothing.

PaulDM likes this.