1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 4 Engine Bay pictures

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Crazycajun, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Crazycajun

Crazycajun New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone have engine bay pictures without the top plastic shroud? I am looking to see how things line up by the headlights and the radiator support. Thanks for any pictures you can send. Need to compare to this wrecked 2017. I can't seem to find them on the internet without the cover.

Looking for one in this area without the top cover. Thanks so much.
    upload_2018-8-7_8-46-49.png

This is where I am and I need to make sure it is lining up correctly. Top down picture like above.

upload_2018-8-7_8-56-48.png

Attached Files:

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe get a subscription to Toyota Tech Info for a few days, there's probably collision alignment specs?

Think I know the answer, but: get a body shop involved?

The radiator appears to be pushed in about an inch at the bottom.

3. Fester

Fester Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Anything involving the anti-collision radar behind the front emblem will require a precision adjustment of the new unit.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. Crazycajun

Crazycajun New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes Fester I know that but thanks man. Just looking for a picture. I think my Upper Tie Bar might be pushed in alittle so I just wanted to see what another one looked like to compare. I have my parts comming in. I just wanted to be ahead of the game. I would get a subscription to Toyota Tech Info but I want to make sure they have what I need on it before I do that. I was also going to go to a dealer and take the picture myself I just wanted to check here 1st.
    Thanks.

5. qettyz

qettyz Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota tech should have document there where are all the aligment dimensions. From those you can be 100% sure if anything is wrong. Doing eyeball check from image to another may not give away if there is small aligment issue.

6. Crazycajun

Crazycajun New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Are you talking about the alignment of the Top Tie bar? So it will have the dimensions from the Tie bar to the back wall etc? That would be great and I will subscribe if they have all of the information like That.

7. qettyz

qettyz Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I once got to read older Toyota tech manual from Corolla, i was amazed how detail aligment dimensions there was. Dimensions were from all around car, many pages. Also underhood cross dimensions etc.
    Sure i cannot be 100%sure that there is such manual from new Prius, but why wouldnt, after all its paid tech info site what should and have all what you need.

Edit: Please let us know if you check tech docs!

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    With the 3rd gen it was still more-or-less book format, and one pdf was the "Repair Manual", and there's another for body repair if I'm not mistaken, with all the data points, measurements.

Here, just an example, from a (paper format) Honda Civic Shop Manual. One book mind you, a lot of info crammed in there:

IMG_9196.JPG

9. qettyz

qettyz Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For MK1 Toyota Auris there is this kind a dimensions from Tech.
    I would not expect nothing less from newer model documents.
    Sieppaa.JPG Sieppaa2.JPG Sieppaa3.JPG Sieppaa4.JPG

10. Crazycajun

Crazycajun New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Great thanks.

11. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The Collision Repair Manual for the fourth-generation Prius, available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com, does indeed have a “Body Dimensions” section with two- and three-dimensional measurements between numerous reference points, like the examples kindly shared by @Mendel Leisk and @qettyz.

The text and illustrations are also available in the ChiltonLibrary service, to which many public libraries offer access. Look under 2016 or 2017 Toyota Prius > Repair > Body > Collision - Exterior > Body Dimensions.

Crazycajun, qettyz and alanclarkeau like this.