1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 4 packaging confusion

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by afob3, Aug 8, 2017.

1. afob3

afob3 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Currently in a 2011 four with the solar/sun roof. I'm starting to watch some Gen 4s hit the used market and of course many ads incorrectly state what trim they are selling. The gen 4 packaging is confusing and I've read the 16 and 17 brochoures plus the handy chart of trims here.

So as I read it, Toyota doesn't sell a gen 4 configured like my 2011. I'll have to concede on some wants and needs.

Tell me I'm wrong... Is it possible to find a gen 4 with these items?
    3 door sks
    leather/softex
    spare tire
    sunroof

I was really impressed with the adaptive cruise & lane keep assist on a test drive a while back. I realize these are included on the newest 17's. On the used market it looks like the three with the tech package is the lowest trim I should consider for these 'wants'.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No but a Three w/ ATP and aftermarket leather is the closest (cheapest option). The other is a Four w/ ATP and add a spare (which I think is harder/more troublesome)

RCO likes this.
  3. afob3

afob3 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good to see at least I was deciphering all the information correctly. I had my semi-annual visit to the tire shop Tuesday to repair a nail puncture. As I'm waiting, I observed a Gen4 come in on a flatbed for a flat. I overheard the owner tell the tech that it is his 3rd flat since he got it.

The spare is required for me. I'll have to work on a compromise elsewhere.

#3 afob3, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a few people have complained about a certain model tire some of the gen 4's come with. i can't remember which though.
    some models don't have a spare.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah unless you want the stuff in a Four (like 10-way power driver's seat, SofTex, auto-dimming mirror w/ Homelink and the PCP - JBL Audio, Safety Connect etc), then stick with a Three w/ AT and add the leather interior by yourself (and it's leather instead of SofTex if that's what you prefer).

Missing on the Three compared to your Four will be the solar roof w/ SPVS, Plasmacluster, water-repellent front door glass, power driver's lumbar support, leather seating and Touch Tracer but it'll add colour HUD, TSS-P and the moonroof is now one touch open and close. (vs. auto-open only) and all the new stuff in the MID and 7" MFD.

'LectroFuel and RCO like this.