1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 4 Prius front wiper blade inserts

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by au_prius, Jan 17, 2017.

1. goldfinger

goldfinger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Don't buy rubber, buy silicone. If you want long lasting squeak free buy silicone wiper blades.

pjm877, RCO and krmcg like this.
  2. Chippingawayatlife

Chippingawayatlife Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I want to add a price to this discussion. Am I allowed to? My friend works at Toyota and he said they cost $8 for the piece of rubber. He recommends getting them because they are much better quality than the store ones. Now I want sure if that was the dealer price or customer price.

ETP and RCO like this.
  3. au_prius

au_prius Australian Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm assuming that's US$8.00 -- genuine Toyota wiper rubber inserts ("Made in Japan") here in Australia are usually AU$16.00 or so retail (customer) price. That is except for the apparent $50 list price in Australia for each of the front wipers for the Gen 4 Prius!!

ETP and RCO like this.
  4. Chippingawayatlife

Chippingawayatlife Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes. US $

ETP and RCO like this.
  5. au_prius

au_prius Australian Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone,

Well more than six months later, I can finally advise that it is indeed possible to get genuine Toyota wiper blade inserts in Australia for the Gen 4 (ZVW50) Prius.

I ordered them from my local dealer last week, but they had trouble because Toyota Australia didn't have a part number associated with the front wiper blade inserts for the ZVW50 Prius!! After some emails back and forth, they finally came up with the goods. In case any other readers have trouble buying replacement wiper blades (in Australia at least), here are the part numbers:

(ZVW50 - Right Hand Drive; price in AU$ including tax)
    • FRONT RIGHT (Long): 85214-47170 ($28.63)
    • FRONT LEFT (Short): 85214-10130 ($15.58)
    • REAR: 85214-47010 ($16.01)
    I'm not sure if the part numbers apply in other countries or non-Australian delivered Gen 4 Prius models, so please keep this in mind before you order in your own country.

As an aside, the blades inserts aren't cheap but they are Made in Japan and in my experience with my previous Toyotas, they last several times longer than non-genuine blades.

#25 au_prius, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  6. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Would like to follow this thread as one of my Gen 4's squeaked since it was new. Any ebay/Amazon/Toyota dealer links?

7. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    So my dealer had a coupon to R&R the fronts for $19. Will take the second Prius in today and do the fronts. Now to figure out the back wiper.

Sightline Windshield Wipers
    $19.95 (Reg. $46.95)
    Regular price $46.95. Valid only at Toyota of Fort Walton Beach. Some restrictions may apply. Must present coupon at time of write up. Plus tax and any applicable fees. Coupons not to exceed 20% of total bill. Cannot be combined with any other discount. Coupon has no cash value. Expires 1/31/2018

8. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You should always keep your rubbers in the dark.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

pilotgrrl likes this.
  9. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  10. DallasPrius4thGen

DallasPrius4thGen New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm not sure how many people have actually replaced the inserts. I couldn't find any video on replacing just the inserts in a 4th generation (mine is 2018) prius. Most of the videos had you removing some type of clamp. There isn't such a thing.

How I replaced it. I accidentally tore off part of the old bladed but then figured it out. What you have to do is COMPRESS the rubber insert and about half an inch or so, so you can then get it past the "cap" the end of the blade. You can then pull it out. Insert the new one. And then compress it so that the end can line up with the beginning of the cap and then tuck it in. Not so difficult with the long blade (lots of space to compress rubber insert). challenging with the short blade (how to compress all alone the rubber insert so I could finally get the end under the lip of the cap. Be carefully when you are compressing so you don't tear off the thin part of the insert. (I accidentally did this with the old insert so I was careful with the new).

If you know of a better way to replace the insert, please let me know. Also - I removed the blade from the arm by pressing down on the square with a narrow flat head screwdriver. I laid down an down before doing so as recommended in videos so as to not accidentally chip my windshield when the arm doesn't have a blade.

11. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Here are the USA product numbers:
    RUBBER, WIPER, RH 85214-78010
    RUBBER, WIPER, LH 85214-47110
    RUBBER, REAR WIPER 85214-47010

Don't know why the front insert numbers are different. The rear and front right (in the USA) are both 16", but have different nos. because the attachment configuration is different (why? Ask Toyota).

I would think (hope!) that the AUS$50 price is for the blade assembly, not just the insert.

12. Tande

Tande Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    II
    FWIW......a shot of "Silicone/Spray", does wonders, when working/with/manipulating rubber.......