1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 4: ugly

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by yeldogt, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    UltraJetRefill, post: 2768979, member: 160174"]I actually bought the Gen 4 because of the looks.

I also bought it because of the Looks, the new design style. IMHO, that's the whole point of getting a new car, right? Something new and exciting? I didn't want to live back in 2005. This is not your Dad's Buick. :D Dare to be different!

photo 3.JPG

It looks like it's going FAST when just sitting still. :) And I like the "Pizza Slice" hubcaps, too.

#141 Starship16, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    dbf, Tande, fileaudio and 5 others like this.
  2. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ive never really had a problem with the looks of the prius, its just a car that "car guys" loves to hate even when they know nothing about the car, most of them cant even recognize a slighlty modified one on the street lol.

3. LimeGenFour

LimeGenFour Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I brought one so obviously I don’t think it’s “ugly”. It’s great about freedom to choose, people don’t have to buy Prius if they don’t like the look or at least aren’t able to tolerate it. There are new Honda Insight or Kia Niro for people wants a Hybrid’s mileage but with more of mainstream looks. However, it’s hard to argue with 68 MPG on my first tank, 642 miles/9.42 gallons, even if I wasn’t quite sold on the looks.

dbf, fileaudio, Smaug1 and 3 others like this.
  4. StevefromOhio

StevefromOhio Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I had one guy tell me my 2018 Prius 4 was ugly. I had him look into my side view mirror and had him look at himself and said....
    "Now that is ugly." He laughed and said..."Yeah you've got a point there."

5. Smaug1

Smaug1 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They are remarkably quiet when going fast too, aren't they? I have noticed that the fuel economy drops sharply when going above 70 mph (113 kph) though.

6. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe good that our highest speed limit here is 110km/hr (apart from one small road network with 130 which starts 22 hrs drive away).

7. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I surprised my thread is still around ....

We need to rent cars regularly .......happen to have a new Camry and I took it for meeting about an hour away this past week The styling is in line with this new Toyota theme that the Gen 4 Prius was an early adopter. Saying it's better looking vs the last Camry is a low bar to jump. The last generation being a bad looking Buick. It did everything well -- very comfortable. But ugly.

There are a couple Lexus vehicles that I find interesting -- maybe attractive. None of the sedans ... our CT's are cute. Being the first with the new grill design (a copy of Audi) they are less over the top and it sort of works.

My opinion has not changed in the two years and many Gen 4's in the fleet -- they really are ugly cars .. in every color. I can't point to any part of the design that works IMO. Toyota makes great cars .... love the utility and quality. But, boy are they ugly vehicles.